Almanac Beer CompanyApply for this Job
Location: Almanac Brewery in Alameda, CA
Hours: Full time
Compensation: $18-21/hour. Almanac offers full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off).
Reports to: Head Brewer
Almanac Beer Co is seeking Production Associates to join our small team in our new production facility in Alameda. The Production Associate will execute all packaging operations, maintain warehouse organization and cleanliness, and assist with shipping and receiving and deliveries as needed. We are looking for someone with unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This position requires the flexibility to assist where needed, and offers many growth opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packaging operations: execute all packaging operations including canning, bottling, and kegging. Daily keg cleaning
- Shipping & receiving: Assist with shipping and receiving as needed. Including building orders, receiving deliveries, and loading orders.
- Warehouse organization and cleanliness: Organize brewery work areas and warehouse storage areas. Daily janitorial maintenance of warehouse including daily warehouse cleaning, mopping and floor scrubber operation
- Delivery driving: Safely operate Sprinter Van to assist with deliveries as needed to our SF taproom and Greater Bay Area customers within 100 mile radius of Alameda warehouse.
- Assist the operations team with preventative maintenance of brewery equipment and various facility maintenance tasks and facility improvement projects
- Assist the production team with barrel cleaning, barrel moving and organization
- Dump kegs & cases of out of code product
- Record keeping: Detailed records of all work performed.
- Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labor where prolonged standing, walking, & heavy lifting is part of the day-to-day
- Ability to routinely lift and move heavy objects, including 30 lb cases and full kegs of beer up to 150 lbs
- Ability to safely and efficiently work in a manufacturing setting with wide temperature ranged environment and close quartered environment
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1 year of experience in a capacity that is applicable to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Experience with Wild Goose canning lines or Meheen bottlers a strong plus.
- Bonus point skills:
- Commercial Electrical
- Forklift ninja
- Pre-employment background check and DMV check required
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining rigorous safety and quality standards.
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Self motivated with exceptional time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization.
- Have a passion for making great beer
- Love of fancy coffee a plus.
E-mail email@example.com with your resume with a cover letter telling us how you demonstrate the qualities we seek.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.