Retail Programs Manager – Center Store and Wellness
National Co+op GrocersApply for Job
Attention Center Store and Wellness Managers, Consultants and Specialists! Are you committed to natural, organic, local and sustainable foods? Would you like to apply your experience and energy in support of socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores? Switch to an exciting career of Center Store and Wellness program management for retail food co-ops!
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned business service cooperative providing a variety of services to over 200 retail food co-op outlets in 37 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational, merchandising and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. NCG provides a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. We are a group of passionate, intelligent, and disciplined people working to improve the food supply and grow the cooperative economy. NCG is well suited for talented individuals seeking to make a difference in our world through their work.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual with the capacity and desire to contribute thought leadership to our Center Store and Wellness retail programming and practices. The successful candidate will possess a passion to support the development, adoption and effective execution of strategic center store promotions and supplier programs, resources, and preferred practices. This full-time position will be based in one of NCG’s offices (St. Paul, MN, Iowa City, IA, Portland, OR, Carrboro, NC or Madison, WI) and requires up to 25% business travel. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
- Develop and implement programs for NCG co-ops to improve center store and wellness retail execution and sales
- Identify and develop NCG preferred practices, resources, and tools for center store departments
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Marketing staff in support of the development of effective promotional programs and reduced cost of goods
- Collaborate with NCG’s regional Co-op Development Teams’ managers to provide direction and guidance to NCG’s regional Center Store Retail Specialists with a focus on 1) improving member adoption and execution of new and existing NCG programs; 2) improving retail execution and 3) direct store engagements and projects as needed
- Collaborate with NCG’s Talent Development and regional Co-op Development Teams to deliver department-level training and training resources
- Collaborate with the NCG Development Co+operative team in developing new and expanded stores and departments, including layout, design, equipment, budgets and timelines
- Monitor legal, food safety, advocacy, consumer trends and common department issues
- Collaborative and highly adaptable
- Strong commitment to the success of values-driven community owned food co-ops
- Minimum five years of experience providing multi-unit center store and or wellness department leadership or support
- Understanding of food retailing operations, category management and basic financial measures
- Familiarity with store development processes and center store design
- Practical understanding of purchasing concepts and procedures
- Experience developing, executing, and evaluating promotional programs and other strategies designed to drive sales
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience developing written proposals and resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and work with teams and small groups
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and to work independently
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods and industry trends
- Understanding of natural foods cooperatives preferred
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including four weeks paid time off at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational, merchandising and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply By: September 3, 2018