On Premise Sales Manager - Southeast (AL/FL/SC/NC)
Founders Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Serves as the On Premise expert for Founders Brewing Co in assigned Region. Responsible for the development and management of customer relationships, distribution of our brands, volume and velocity targets within large independent, regional chains and venues impacting our core business and core brand positioning for optimal activation of key programming and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Founders Brewing Company Core Values and Purpose.
- Works directly with and maintains constant communication with the Region Director, Key Accounts, Market Managers and the assigned Founders Brewing Company territory wholesalers and their sales staff to promote the sale of the brand within the account base.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software, IRI, Nielson or other company provided sales/CRM software.
- Maintains weekly market(s)/customer visitation schedule between all assigned accounts.
- Performs administrative tasks as they are assigned, but not limited to…expense reports, monthly work calendar, build wholesaler sales programs, establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs, conduct price surveys.
- Assists in creating volume projections and marketing budgets; ensure compliance is maintained.
- Works to drive Brand education and training including Wait staff trainings/samplings targeted on core brands, beer/food pairing advisement, menu placement suggestions, training distributor staff in top accounts by COT.
- Builds brands’ visibility On-Premise by hosting mass appeal social events (e.g. Beer Dinners, Tastings, Tap Takeovers, etc) and encouraging trial.
- Can anticipate trends and developments in the market and is able to derive and define comprehensive priorities for assigned area. Is able to envision potential risks or delays in defined plans and can make contingency plans to mitigate envisioned risks
- Understands the Competitive Landscape and is always working to gain competitive advantage though creative business solutions and alignment to the retailers goals and objectives.
- Maintains professional image and demeanor at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reliable car and be able to travel weekly (Up to 5 days per week).
- Ability to work flexible schedule; ability to work some week-ends.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer industry and its retail consumers.
- Strong knowledge and working relationships with key customers within the On-Premise COT (to include Casual Dining, Concessions, Travel and Leisure, etc)
- Knowledgeable of Founders Brewing Company brands and procedures.
- Experience with sales data writing, reporting, and analysis.
- Experience with National syndicated national account sales data and /CRM software.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 7 years chain account On-Premise experience with the majority of the experience in the beer industry.