VP International Business
Steven Smith TeamakerApply for this Job
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Vice President of International Business will lead the revenue growth of our international business, with focus on Japan, Korea and Greater China. As a sales and business development expert, you will have an innate ability to prioritize new market opportunities, and know how to not only build a multi-region distribution system, but to increase the value of each region and distribution partner. You pride yourself on your agility, and will be able to leverage a variety of influence styles to advance the growth agenda across very different cultures. You see what could be, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help business partners build new capabilities and optimize their business models for growth. You will be a growth partner with the other members of the leadership team, and will play an integral role in helping the company exceed its growth goals.
- Develop all international strategies and plans to accelerate the growth of the business, both in existing markets (focused on Japan and Korea) as well as new markets (focused on Greater China, including Hong Kong and Taiwan).
- Accelerate our market penetration by utilizing the full range of products, packaging, pricing and promotional programs that will meet local consumer and trade needs
- Develop a Greater China entry strategy, including the prioritization of markets and distribution partners as part of a holistic Market Entry Strategy
- Develop a holistic Asia distribution model, designing both the distribution system and identifying the best partners, business models and performance system to accelerate penetration.
- Steward the brand across all international markets to ensure that it is presented and executed within our global standards, and complies with all local cultural, regulatory and legal guidelines
- Ensure on-time development, production and delivery of all international product.
- Represent our company, brand and our code of ethical conduct in all business dealings
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years experience in Business development within the Consumer Product Sector, with specific experience across Asia
- Deep experience developing and managing beverage distribution systems and models across multiple markets
- Deep experience in international business development across multiple geographies. Ideally with foreign language skills (Mandarin, Korean or Japanese), and extensive international travel experience.
- Deep influence skills, with extensive cultural agility and a highly diplomatic approach to relationship building
- Deep analytical and planning skills, with the proven ability to manage (and improve) operational performance
- Entrepreneurial leadership and management skills, including the abilities to sell and influence as well as plan, budget, process and report performance
- Natural ability to show initiative, exceed expectations, and collaborate as part of a global community
Location: Flexible (with extensive international travel)