Russian River Brewing CoApply for Job
The Packaging Lead is responsible for bottling and kegging beer at the Windsor location and oversees the daily operations of the packaging lines in the absence of the Packaging Manager by completing the following duties:
- Manage and operate bottling lines and keg rackers, including start-up and shut down.
- Ensures all packaging tasks are completed safely, accurately and on-time.
- Work safely and demonstrate cooperation with co-workers
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance.
- Have a passion for quality beer and quality workmanship
- CIP tanks and equipment and assist with brewery cellar operations as needed
- Cleaning and sanitation
- All work to be completed with an eye towards low Total Packaged Oxygen
- Make mechanical repairs to bottling and kegging equipment
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to packaging manager
- Work with lab staff in regards to QC/QA protocols relating to the packaging line and beer
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment
- Create and maintain SOPs for all equipment
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
We are seeking the following qualifications:
- Previous operation of a bottling line is a must with at least two years’ experience running a bottling line
- Prior supervisory experience ideal
- Possess a mechanical aptitude to repair packaging equipment
- Must be serious about safety, quality and cleanliness
- Fit in with our passionate and hard-working team
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
Skills and abilities desired:
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Excellent communication skills
- Work calmly under pressure
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
- Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance
- Work as a team member
The legal stuff:
Applicants must be at least 21 years old. Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds, including tipping full kegs via a tipping station. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
We offer a fun work environment, with group medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, vacation and holiday pay, 401k, and beer/food/merchandise discounts!