Commercial Advocacy Associate Manager
Legacy MarketingApply for Job
Legacy Marketing is a Chicago-based, independent experiential and digital marketing agency that inspires passion for brands by engaging people through integrated live + digital campaigns. Perennially listed on both Event Marketer’s IT List, the CM200 (formerly PROMO Top Shops) and Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, our programs have won multiple Ex Awards, PRO Awards and Webbys.
The Commercial Advocacy Associate Manager (CAAM) will support and help manage an industry leading on-premise activation specialist program. The main-focus of the role will be to support, analyze and optimize the program alongside the Commercial Advocacy Manager and Commercial Advocacy Director.
The CAAM will be responsible for monitoring, reporting, recapping and analyzing the activity of the program on a regular basis across all marketing, providing valuable insights and recommendations.
The CAAM will ensure there is open, consistent, and effective communication between the Field/Sales, Brand/HQ, Agency partners, and relevant Distributor partners, as well as supporting and facilitating all requests, needs and priorities.
The CAAM will assist with the development of turn-key activation tools and programs to support the brand portfolio in the field, while identifying and leveraging best practices across the country.
The CAAM will ensure that all training, brand and education materials and assets (sell sheets, toolkits, playbooks, etc) are up to date and shared on a regular basis.
The person in this role owns the POS process, compiling, streamlining, and fulfilling national POS buys.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Legacy and client partners to review recaps of the of the overall program (KPIs, depletion performance, spends, account visits) which include insights and recommended actions. Identify performance trends within the program by brand/SKU, account tier and market.
- Closely monitor spends and KPIs by brand on a weekly basis as compared to targets. Report back to Manager and Director where there are issues or risks relative to the plan.
- Ensure the communication flow between HQ and field is clear, consistent, efficient and actionable.
- Highlight ‘big wins’ and best practices within the program on a regular basis (at least monthly), and prepare a communication which can be shared out nationally as well as internally to all key stakeholders.
- Identify markets where ways of working can be made more efficient, collaborating with client and Legacy HQ to ensure program and support is being provided as needed.
- Develop best in class tools which support advocacy and engagement. Managing the fulfillment and distribution of all tools (i.e. POS, wearables) to the field.
- Work closely with the Commercial Advocacy Manager and Director to develop programs against seasonal priorities.
- Help to build new bartender engagement programs (i.e. localized bartender educational events) that can be executed by the field.
- Work with agency to deliver logos/asks to the field when needed.
- Occasionally travel to priority markets. Inspect execution, engage with consumers and bartender community and identify what’s working / not working within accounts.
- Partner with the Commercial Advocacy Manager and brand teams to develop visibility pieces for the brands which are in line with brand standards and have lasting power in the on-premise.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years liquor industry experience; 3+ years relevant professional experience
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Eager to grow and learn
- Knowledge of distilled spirits, trends, mixology
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Results oriented
- Respectful of deadlines and commitments
- Polished, poised, professional; impeccable client service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Analytical skills; ability to read complex data and reports
- Available for occasional travel (20%) and nontraditional working hours
This role is will be embedded in the client’s office and based in NYC.