National Accounts Manager - FS, National Restaurant Chains
FonterraApply for this Job
We are looking for a passionate, quick thinking, enthusiastic food services sales leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to “play to win”! National Account Manager (NAM) will be focused on growing our national food services business from the ground up by strategically targeting & winning national & emerging multi-unit restaurant accounts! Reporting to the VP of Sales – Foodservice & Retail (USA), this role will have responsibility to build strategic partnerships that result in targeted national sales being achieved, with maximum customer retention. NAM will be part of the sales team developing, executing, delivering and leading the growth of key national restaurant chain accounts, with some focus on Central region multi-unit/emerging restaurant chain accounts. NAM will be a critical part of our future success over the next 3-5 years.
Key role components:
- Drive the development, execution and delivery of value add growth strategies with key national restaurant accounts (estimate 70-75% of time for next 12 months)
- Be accountable for National Accounts' P&L performance.
Manage the Central Sales region (estimate 25-30% of time for next 12 months)
Develop close relationships with distributors and buying groups, including DOT. – to access their national account contacts.
What we are looking for:
- 7 to10 years of strategic sales experience & relationships in Foodservice and have understanding of commercial model for national chains.
- Must have 5 years of proven success with large scale, national restaurant accounts.
- Must have proven culinary/BOH experience in revenue generation with multi-unit national, regional, and emerging chain restaurants.
- Ability to develop a strong customer plan/targets from leads in collaboration with marketing and in-house corporate chefs.
- Strong skills in distributor/sales team leadership and coaching.
- Excellent working knowledge of being able to apply financial disciplines and their effect on both end-customer and supplier.
- Must have experience in driving vertical penetration of national decision makers/stakeholders.
- Successful track record of owning accountability for national accounts’ P&L performance.
- Solid expertise in negotiating value added solutions with national customers to create sustainable growth and building long term partnerships to win new business.
- Experience and or skills in building deep customer partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
- Full understanding of and alignment with customers’ strategic objectives.
- Must have the ability to win 4 to 6 new national chains in the first year.
- Strong organizational skills & proficiency in using technology, productivity tools, CRM, cloud applications is essential to success in this role.
- Top notch communication skills are a MUST! Ability to present to small and large groups while managing group dynamics effectively.
- Being able to champion the “Fonterra Way”, doing things to enhance our ability to achieve our vision & strategy. The Fonterra values of “co-operative spirit”, “do what’s right”, “challenge boundaries,” “make it happen” provide basis of our decision-making and define how we prioritize our actions and behaviors.
Fonterra is a global dairy nutrition company - a co-operative owned by farming families in New Zealand and supported by 20,000 dedicated people around the world. We are the largest diary exporter with our products sold in over 140 countries. With support to grow the US business exponentially, we are expanding our team. If you want your next job to come with global career opportunities in over 140 countries and ongoing coaching along with perks like business casual dress code, flexible work hours, AND a place where your ideas are heard… then come join us! Anchor Food Professionals is a Foodservice business with a very clear strategy, backed by global insights and innovation that requires the right people with an “ideation” mindset to create new value for customers in the United States. Click here to see how you can be part of a journey to bring best of New Zealand’s dairy expertise to US Foodservice industry!
Fonterra is an equal opportunity employer.