Seal the SeasonsApply for this Job
The Sales Specialist will play a significant role in the sales department as our Chief Sales Officer’s righthand woman/man. This team member will lead direct sales and account management of all independent retailers, smaller corporate chains and distributors. The applicant should have experience partnering with brokers and outside sales resources. The applicant should be detail-oriented, comfortable in excel, and with manipulating data. This team member will also be responsible for sales administration across all major and minor accounts – be prepared for paperwork. The ideal applicant is a natural born integrator who loves local food and has experience with a food manufacturer, broker, or on the buying side of a food retailer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead direct sales and manage our distribution with independents, smaller corporate accounts, and respective distributors – increase shelf space and ensure compliance
- Lead new business relationships with independents and smaller chain accounts
- Partner with our broker teams to monitor customer accounts, execute promotional plans, implement in-store marketing
- Collect, analyze, and present sales data from all accounts to the entire company to drive better collective decision making
- Administer promotional forms with our brokers, retailers or data systems like 1WorldSync to launch all new accounts, introduce new products, execute promotions
- Draft PowerPoint decks for presentation to prospective clients.
- Partner with chief sales officer on sales budget
- Manage annual trade shows alongside marketing department
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 2-3 year of experience in branded food CPG sales or other relevant grocery sales expertise
- Experience at food brokerage firm, food manufacturer or on the purchasing side of a food retailer highly sought after
- Applicants who are personable, collaborative, and have passion for local food
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Familiar with and experience with CRM software
Conditions of Work
- Seal the Seasons operates in a small 1700 SQ FT office on downtown franklin street, you’ll share an office with our Chief Sales Officer
- travel will be required for trade shows and customer pitches (+/- 3 to 6 trips a year). Trade shows may require weekend travel.
- Team members are expected to work from our office
- The company will supply a laptop for this position
- Seal the Seasons is a four year old company with eight employees – be comfortable with a small team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this position. Seal the Seasons is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status or military history.