Ironmonger Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Head Brewer manages all aspects of brewing, training of Assistant Brewer, sanitation, and safety procedures, while promoting Ironmonger Brewing. The Head Brewer will maintain the integrity of the brewery and its operations by adhering to all brewery rules and schedules. The Head Brewer will understand and have the ability to perform all aspects of the brewing process.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage recipe development and product integrity.
• Supervise cleanliness and sanitation procedures for all brewery operations and equipment including compliance with CIP (Clean-In-Place) standards.
• Develop and adhere to brewing, kegging, transferring, and cellaring procedures.
• Complete lab testing and quality control procedures.
• Procure and manage inventory of brewing ingredients and materials used in brewing process.
• Collaborate with production manager to schedule production.
• Serve as a spokesperson for the brewery and the product.
• Attend all management meetings as required.
• Possess advanced beer knowledge and keen sense of smell and taste.
• Ability to nurture and train Assistant Brewer and other brewery staff.
• Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery mechanics inherent to the brew process.
• Provide leadership and vision for future expansion and growth.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working as an assistant brewer role at an established commercial brewing company.
• Ability to accomplish basic mathematical functions, including algebra.
• Must be willing work during any hours of operation including weekends, evenings, and special events as required.
• Experience developing and producing barrel aged beers (preferred).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
This position is physically demanding. By accepting the position of Head Brewer, the candidate acknowledges the physical demands of this job, and acknowledges that they are capable of fulfilling these requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 110 pounds and move 150 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to stand, stoop, bend and work overhead over the course of several hours.
• Ability to climb ladders, stairs and ramps.
• A valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last three years
• Ability to work in small, confined spaces
• At least 21 years of age
• Ability to work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• Ability to work within a loud to moderate continuous noise in work area.
• Willingness to work with strong and often times hazardous chemicals.
If you feel this job is for you, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org