Regional Account Manager (Remote)
xyz beverage companyApply for this Job
At xyz beverage company we pride ourselves on creating great tasting, premium beverages for today’s health conscious consumers. Founded in 2016, xyz beverage Company is a Milwaukee based beverage supplier with wholesale distribution in 28 states and growing. Because of our rapid growth we need hard working, adaptable, passionate Regional Account Managers for our North East, South East, Central, and South-Central US territories.
Purpose of the Position:
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for leading, developing, and growing xyz beverage sales business and market presence in the assigned territory. The primary responsibilities are distributor management, sales and retail chain expansion.
- Develop, maintain and communicate with distributors and xyz Beverage’s VP Business Development regarding sales goals, forecasts and action plans to grow beverage brands and sales in the region.
- Grow distribution revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, chain support, and inventory management in region.
- Set the Annual Business Plan for the territory and hold distributors accountable for goals and forecasts through monthly business reviews.
- Ensure appropriate forecast and inventory levels to achieve market goals.
- Ensure consistency with brand marketing message and initiatives.
- Align distributors with brand national account strategy, hold distributors accountable to execute national account strategy (e.g., authorizations, programs, features, displays, and pricing).
- Drive reorder sales through point-of-sale programing and displays, especially in strategically important accounts.
- Participate in key retail sampling, on-premise events, and festivals.
- Establish and maintain strong, long-term relationships with distributor (e.g., sales reps, key account managers, brand managers), retail partners, and xyz beverage support team.
- Utilize and document work using CRM and sales support systems like VIP/Karma and InfusionSoft.
- Regular communication of wins and opportunities through individual and sales team meetings.
- Minimum 2 years of sales or account management experience, preferably in the alcohol and/or beverage industry.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, discounting, and margin analysis.
- Travel 10-15 days per month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including, but not limited to, repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
- Optimistic and flexible approach to working within a demanding start-up environment.
- Disciplined, organized, personally accountable and reliable.
- Motivated self-starter, outgoing, and articulate.
- Adept at communicating and interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Exhibit strong curiosity and learning agility with willingness to embrace continuous education and stay current with industry standards.
- Proficient technology skills and application in Excel, Word, Power Point, and CRM tools are necessary.
- Must have a laptop or desktop computer, reliable internet service, and cell phone.
- Home office or quiet place to work without outside distractions.
- Enthusiasm for our brands and commitment to professionalism, trusting relationships, and success!