Cellar and assistant Brewer
Stable Craft BrewingApply for this Job
Stable Craft Brewing is a rapidly expanding farm brewery and cider making operation partnered with our sister company AgriBev Distribution which allows us to place beer and cider where craft is best suited. Stable Craft Brewing is a destination farm brewery with multiple outlets to feature our beer and cider.
We are located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains of central Virginia, specifically Augusta County, VA.
Stable Craft Brewing is a field-to-glass operation, growing our own hops, apples and specializing in sustainable practices.
We brew on a 10 bbl direct fire system with six 10-bbl and four 20-bbl fermentation vessels with associated
Stable Craft Brewing is looking for an individual with a background in beer and or cider- having worked in a professional brewing environment for 12 months. If you are hard-working, motivated, responsible and able to think on your feet, we would like to hear from you.
Please be prepared to submit an UP-TO-DATE RESUME & 3 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES for consideration.
Position Responsibilities and Duties - Brewer
- Report to Head Brewer and Operations Director
- Assume the day-to-day responsibilities of the Head Brewer when working separate shifts or in the Head Brewer’s absence for professional and/or personal reasons (i.e. festivals, competitions, vacation, etc.)
- Perform tank,
wortwayand packaging line CIPs
- Filter or centrifuge beer
- Dry hop beer
- Carbonate beer
- Take daily gravities, evaluate fermentation progress and schedule future tasks based on the status of fermentations
- Maintain cellar records, such as brew logs and weekly cooler inventory reports
- Conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control work, including gravity, cell counts, sampling, yeast dumps
- Harvest and pitch yeast
- Clean kegs and casks
- Fill kegs and casks
- Work on the bottling line
- Clean the brewery facilities
- Clean and maintain the keg washing and milling areas
- Maintain orderly inventory of malt, hops and other brewing supplies as needed
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of brewery supplies and ingredients
- Assist with maintenance and overall cleanliness of entire brewery and cellar, including tank exteriors and floors
- Educate tasting room staff
- Appear and be engaged at inside and outside events, festivals, and competitions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills for Brewer
- Flexible schedule to work day, night, graveyard, holiday and weekend shifts
- Ability to work at least 8+ hour shifts2 years of production brewing experience
- Brewing and industry certifications preferred (i.e. Cicerone)
- Industry references
- Strong understanding of brewing science
- Strong understanding of the brewing process and procedures best practices
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking with someone one-on-one as well as presenting to large groups.
- Experience and familiarity with Google applications, such as Docs, Sheets
andSlides preferred but not required
Physical Position Requirements
The assistant brewer/ cellar worker works primarily in a manufacturing environment, working in, on and around vessels and pipes under pressure containing air, CO2, water, beer, chemicals, steam
Salary & Benefits for Brewer
Salary will be based on experience. Benefits include paid time off and training/continued education expenses.
Our company is currently expanding benefits: health insurance, 401, and PTO
Job Type: Full-time