Five Boroughs Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is a New York City brewery and taproom in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We produce high-quality craft beers that embody the dynamic spirit of New York City, a place where aspirations are limited only by what you are able to brew up in your head. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. aims to celebrate and encourage the exploration of craft beer and all the wonders the five boroughs of New York City have to offer.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Sales Representative to join our team in our Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery taproom.
Duties will include:
• Meeting sales goals for designated territory within sales market
• Develop and maintain strong rapport with individuals at on and off-premise accounts
• Develop strategic plans to maintain these long-term relationships and ultimately increase sales at specific accounts within the territory
• Run marketing events throughout the territory, which will be primarily be held at night and on the weekends
• Daily logging and communication of all activities, including but not limited to, account visits, sales orders, and identification of new opportunities
• Maintain open communication with Sales Manager to ensure all sales orders are processed in a timely manner as well as the identification of any new opportunities or consumer trends
• Ensure account contacts are kept up to speed on all products
• Ensure all POS items are delivered in a timely manner to retail accounts
• Perform quality control checks at existing accounts (proper storage, in-code beer, visual assessment of draft lines when
• Timely reporting of all administrative functions, including but not limited to, weekly site visit schedule, reporting of expenses, and summary reports of prior week accomplishments
• Upholding the brand image at all times – professionalism and appropriate behavior is of the utmost importance
A sales territory within the five boroughs will be designated to you. Overall, your underlying focus will be on growing sales at existing accounts and new accounts within your territory. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. will provide the support and tools necessary to achieve this goal. You will be responsible for executing the overall growth of sales in your territory while also completing all other associated duties mentioned (but not limited to) above.
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing concentration is preferred
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in craft beer sales. Preference will be given to those with beverage sales experience within the five boroughs
• Highly motivated self-starter with a strong passion for craft beer and the desire for continued knowledge and learning within the industry
• Existing relationships with local contacts and accounts plus
• Energetic and confident while being approachable and emulating the Five Boroughs brand and voice
• to exceed all goals and expectations of oneself. We are looking for someone to grow with our company. We continually challenge ourselves and expect this individual to do the same
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Must be highly organized and detailed oriented in order to meet all reporting requirements on a timely basis
• Frequent lifting: 50-60 lbs.
• Frequent moving: 100-150 lbs.
• The duties and responsibilities are generally performed out in the market and in a brewery environment
• The position generally involves continuous standing, frequent walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, frequent bending and reaching, frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, and in-person communication
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you tell us a little about the first beer you ever fell in love with.
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.