Twin Cities Co-op PartnersApply for Job
In 2017, the Wedge and Linden Hills Co-op came together in a historic, cooperative consolidation to form one co-op called Twin Cities Co-op Partners. Each co-op brings over four decades of experience connecting people to local growers, suppliers, farmers and producers with health, sustainability, ethics and community in mind. Together we are building community by developing a strong, local, food system.
Develop in collaboration with Director of Sales and Marketing an outbound sales strategy and customer relationship plan to aggressively expand and accelerate sales for our non-retail businesses Co-op Partners Warehouse, Commissary Wholesale and Wedge Catering.
Co-op Partners Warehouse - Co-op Partners Warehouse is a certified-organic, wholesale distributor to co-ops, natural food retailers, restaurants, coffee shops, cafes, educational institutions, and buying clubs to over 400 customers in 7 states in the Upper Midwest.
Commissary Kitchen The Commissary Kitchen opened houses the food production for the Wedge Lyndale, the Wedge Table, Wedge Catering as well as external wholesale accounts.
Wedge Catering Our full-service catering division sources our ingredients from the best local farmers and producers. Everything is made from scratch featuring seasonal, fresh flavors.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Co-op Partners Warehouse
- Develop sales strategy by customer channel grocery, restaurants, cafes/coffee shops and food service through sales trend analysis - identifying growth opportunities with current and potential customers.
- Establish annual customer relationship plan (top-to-tops, quarterly account reviews, weekly checks) to understand customer needs and how CPW can provide unparalleled customer service
- Communicate customer feedback and opportunities to internal Produce Buyers, Customer Service Representatives and Director of Operations to optimize operations and service to help build a customer centric culture that focus on pro-actively seeking feedback to find ways to optimize and drive sales
- Establish new business development plan by identifying potential new customers, products or services and help coordinate sell in based on the size of the opportunity and ability to fulfill
- Develop and maintain historical perspective on the marketplace to analyze and predict future trends and customer behavior
- Partner with Purchasing and Operations to develop pricing strategy for everyday and promotional pricing
- Independently manage the negotiation of products with customers based on margin goals, which may include providing volume discounts or other agreements.
- Train, motivate and energize the sales staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with customers relationship building, problem solving, building new custom programs
- Partner with marketing to develop sales training tools and outbound sales materials to highlight CPW's services and points of difference
- Establish internal customer database management system to track all customer interactions
- Build a customer centric culture that focus on pro-actively seeking feedback to find ways to optimize and drive sales
- Develop sales strategy by customer channel to support commissary wholesale programs bakehouse, deli salads, heat and serve
- Work strategically with Wholesale Manager and Commissary Kitchen Manager identify growth opportunities with current and potential customers that can be supported by current and future production facilities
- Establish annual customer relationship and outreach plan quarterly check-ins, new product/menu launches, weekly check-ins to understand customers needs and how the commissary can better serve its customers
- Work with wholesale customers to develop consumer facing programs to introduce end consumers to commissary product offerings sampling, demos, couponing, marketing, merchandising
- Partner with Director of Culinary Operations and Wholesale Manger to develop seasonal promotional pricing program by product line
- Partner with Co-op Partners Warehouse to execute and promote new products and promotions
- Provide feedback to Wholesale Manager and Commissary Kitchen Manager around ways to improve product, pricing as well as recommend new product lines to develop based on customer requests and food trends
- Navigate retail and small business internal structure to identify key decision makers for sell in
- Partner with marketing to develop outbound sales materials to highlight commissary's local, quality product offerings
- Proactively and continually seek and implement innovative solutions to increase quality, value, service and efficiency for our wholesale customers
- Develop sales and outreach strategy focused on expanding corporate and business catering boxed lunches, meetings, happy hours etc.
- Establish annual customer relationship and outreach plan new menu launches, seasonal promotions, tastings, sampling kits, in-store signage
- Develop lead generation plan for identifying new potential customers
- Proactively connect with repeat customers to maintain relationship and keep our brand top of mind
- Network with local businesses, event planning managers, non-profits, universities/schools, event spaces etc.
- Partner with marketing to expand digital presence keywords, LinkedIn ads etc.
- 5+ years of sales management experience, preferred in a grocery retail, restaurant or food service environment
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing presence
- Experience training employees, formally or informally
- Ability to build relationships with peers, cross-functional counterparts, and senior management
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- Ability to unite a team under a shared vision and know what motivates each member
- Work with multiple stakeholders in a diverse organization
- Passion and experience in the natural and organic industry preferred
- Use data-driven reports to understand opportunities - understand pricing, margins, and discounting impacts.
- Basic command of computer skills. Microsoft Word, Excel, Email
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive company vehicle required
- Regular regional and local travel expected