Fort Point Beer CompanyApply for Job
Fort Point Beer Company is looking for a quick-thinking, mechanically-savvy Packaging Manager to lead our Brewery Technician team and oversee our high-velocity packaging schedule. Fort Point Beer Company is a fast-paced, ambitious company poised for significant growth. The ideal candidate is an inspiring leader with a strong attention to detail and the technical skills required to keep things moving safely and efficiently.
This position will be responsible for managing and training a team of Brewery Technicians and the timely execution of scheduled keg and can packaging. The Packaging Manager is also responsible for coordinating packaging equipment maintenance and daily troubleshooting as needed. Success in this role means taking an organized and analytical approach to problem-solving while creating efficient and scalable systems. This position plays an active role in daily production operations and is also expected to contribute their expertise to improving production processes, maximizing efficiencies, and promoting a culture of quality and safety. A strong knack for creative collaboration, clear communication, and a constant desire to teach, learn, and solve problems is key.
Please submit a resume and brief letter detailing your interest in the position and what quality means to you.
Reports to Director of Brewing.
Direct Reports: Brewery Technician I (14-16 people)
- Directly supervise daily packaging operations to ensure safety of employees and quality of product.
- Actively train employees on brewery safety and packaging equipment operation.
- Plan, prepare and monitor work schedules, including meal and rest breaks.
- Coordinate with Logistics department to ensure the accurate and on-time arrival of all required packaging materials.
- Develop scalable systems that ensure accurate finished good and raw material inventory.
- Accurately update ERP and inventory tracking software on a daily basis.
- Develop and continuously refine SOPs for all daily packaging tasks.
- Manage and execute packaging equipment preventative maintenance schedules.
- Lead daily standup meetings and proactively communicate production schedules and other brewery information.
- Monitor employee performance and actively mentor employees in order to help them achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Promote and enforce high standards of cleanliness and organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Self-directed, organized and able to meet deadlines.
- 3+ years experience in a 10,000 BBL+ brewery production facility or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Brewing industry experience is preferred but will also consider candidates with experience in CPG, wine, food, or other related fields.
- Working knowledge of conveyance systems, depalletizers, can fillers and seamers (Wild Goose 600 preferred), and cartoners.
- Strong mechanical aptitude - understanding of motors, pneumatic systems, low-voltage wiring, gas and fluid dynamics.
- Experience with continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies (5S, kaizen, Six Sigma, e.g.).
- Ability to stand for at least eight hours, five days per week
- Reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, push and pull items weighing 180 pounds (1 keg).
- Some days may be physically strenuous
- Hours of operation are flexible to department needs, including evenings and weekends
- Auditory and visual skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits