Five Boroughs Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Shift Brewer to join our team in our Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery
Duties will include:
• Assisting with all elements of brewhouse operations that include, but are not limited
• Assisting with all elements of cellar operations that include, but are not limited to: yeast handling, beer transfers,
• Assisting with all elements of packaging operations that include, but are not limited to: keg cleaning and filling and can filling operations
• Maintaining the safe and effective operation of brewery equipment and other related machinery
• Assisting Quality Management staff with fermentation management operations and sampling tanks in accordance with the Quality Management Plan.
• Working in confined spaces, lifting 55 pounds repeatedly, and moving up to 165 pounds
• Working with dangerous chemicals while following Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
• Operating forklifts, pallet jacks
• Assisting head brewer with any potential
Our ideal candidate looks something like this:
• University degree in a related field (Brewing, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
• Minimum of 1-year experience in a commercial production brewery or
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and
• Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Experience operating canning and kegging equipment
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Extensive knowledge of beer styles
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
• Excellent analytical and
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Frequent lifting: up to 60 lbs.
• Frequent moving: up to 165 lbs.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as operating production and packaging equipment, driving a forklift, and operating pallet jacks
• The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a brewery environment
• The position generally involves continuous standing, frequent walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, frequent bending and reaching, frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, and in-person communication
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation will be commensurate with applicant’s previous experience
• Five Boroughs Brewing Co. prides itself on offering a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision and commuter programs
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you tell us a little about the first beer you ever fell in love with.
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.