BuchiApply for this Job
Do you love controlling money? Do spreadsheets make you giddy? If so you might just be the right fit for us. ;-) We are a craft beverage brewery located just outside of Asheville, NC and are scaling rapidly to meet sales demand. The ideal candidate for this job would have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller at Buchi oversees finance, accounting, and operational cost controls as they apply to all aspects of the business. Additionally, this position will complete month end processes and performance analyses, collect and process data for weekly forecasting, and assist with the annual budgeting processes. In order to ensure all aspects of this multifaceted position are performed as expected, measurable metrics will be provided along with regularly scheduled performance reviews.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare reports/analysis for meaningful weekly financial forecasts, monthly actual results, and annual budgeting process (sales/costs/profitability/etc.)
- Work with CFO to create operations performance metrics and company spending metrics
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and year-end financial journal entries and reports
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of month-end and year-end closings
- File accurate tax documents, reports, and compliance requirements
- Prepare operations performance metrics and company spending metrics
- Work within the checks and balances outlined in the company’s standard operating procedures and Financial Policies
- Complete audits of company’s accounts
- QC monthly reconciliations
- Prepare and write-up closure documentation and post audit of internal orders
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Take a leadership role in setting up an ERP system that encompasses company’s needs from purchasing through delivery and payment
- Maintain and review standard inventory costs
- Complete inventory control, updates, and reporting
- Maintain a fixed assets file with repairs made and supplies purchased
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Create and maintain written policies, records, and reports required by regulatory agencies
- Prepare floor level reporting for use by management
- Assist management in all aspects of profitability improvement as requested
- Work closely with management to have clear understanding of all operations
- Assist management with identifying and tracking cost improvement projects
- Complete additional controller tasks as needed
Food Safety and Quality responsibilities:
- Follow cGMP policy when going into production
- Understand basics of Pest Control and inform Quality Control when there is a sighting.
- Is aware of food defense / visitor policy and will assist with making sure all visitors are accompanied by an employee at all times.
- Is aware of Management's Commitment to SQF and will work towards Food Safety and Quality and helps company meet this commitment.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Management, or similar field required
- 5 or more years of progressive accounting/business management experience required
- 5 years of Controller or Accounting Manager experience required
- Manufacturing and cost accounting experience required
- CPA and/or MBA degree preferred
- Excellence in utilizing technology, computers, and current software solutions
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to manage a number of complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively solve problems and lead problem-solving activities
- Experience with multiple facilities or franchising is a bonus
Hours and Compensation:
- This position is Full-Time Exempt Salary
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- First shift hours Monday through Friday
- Compensation TBD based on experience
- Eligible for Health Insurance Coverage after 90 days, company pays 70% individual premium
- Eligible for Vision & Dental Coverage after 90 days
- 10 days PTO and 7 Holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and Your Birthday!)
Buchi Kombucha is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.