Sunny Sky ProductsApply for this Job
Sunny Sky Products is the leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty beverage concentrates and beverage enhancers. Our premium beverage products reach an array of retail customers including convenience stores, restaurants, concessions, schools, and institutional facilities. Sunny Sky’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and corporate office is located in Houston, TX, where we produce a variety of thirst appealing beverages. These beverages include fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, tea sweeteners, frozen beverages, juices, Hispanic beverages and coffee toppings and flavoring syrups.
The Production Manager will work closely with the Quality Manager and Processing Engineer to establish productivity goals, maintain all quality certifications (Currently SQF Level 2), ensure availability of products for on time delivery and control expenses to meet company financial goals. Continued assistance in developing and maintaining a manufacturing maintenance program as well as direct management of the Maintenance Department.
- Daily direction and management of all production lines and personnel
- Provide coaching and direction to make certain expectations are met
- Review production reporting daily to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure Maintenance Dept. is minimizing downtime through proper PM’s and spare part inventory
- Provide weekly/monthly KPI reporting as required
- Monitor & ensure safety compliance throughout manufacturing
- Assist in developing and managing department budget
- Additional responsibilities as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider relative work experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a production/operations manager
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in food/beverage manufacturing environment desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in challenging situations while continuing to fill core responsibilities
- Ability to recruit and training in a “hands on” environment
This position has extensive supervisory responsibilities including a Maintenance Manager, supervisor/lead positions, technicians, blenders, batchers, operators and general laborer’s.
This job operates in a fast-paced manufacturing facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is near moving mechanical parts and in high precarious places and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands, walk, sit, stand, crouch, reach with hands and arms or kneel. Employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 30-50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. or as agreed upon. Flexibility is required for this position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Commensurate with experience.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K, Vacation, and more
Sunny Sky Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment decisions at Sunny Sky Products are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Sunny Sky Products does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual preference or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company Information is available on our website at www.sunnyskyproducts.com