Tavistock Restaurant CollectionApply for this Job
Lake Nona's most anticipated new restaurant is seeking a Brewmaster looking to build a long lasting career.
POSITION: Brew Master
LOCATION: Park Pizza and Brewing Co. within Lake Nona's Town Center
COMPANY: Tavistock Restaurant Collection (TRC), a portfolio of restaurants, comprised of many unique brands, with U.S. locations coast to coast. TRC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tavistock Group, a private investment organization with a portfolio of 200+ companies reaching across five continents.
GENERAL JOB OVERVIEW
Seeking a passionate and creative Brew Master with a demonstrated ability and an expectation to produce consistent and high-quality beer. Experience running a full-scale brewery required. Interest and desire to create recipes, grow a brand from the grass roots to broad acceptance highly preferred.
The initial brewpub (expected production 1,500 barrels) opening within Lake Nona's Town Center will support Park Pizza as well as Lake Nona's Boxi Park, a new entertainment district built from recycled shipping containers. This will be followed by a larger production facility and tap room (expected capacity of 10,000 barrels) now in design planning as an integral part of a larger scale food hall scheduled to open in 2020.
The Brew Master position is a key member of TRC's Operations Team, initially reporting directly to the General Manager of the brewpub. The Brew Master will supervise any personnel that work on the brewing team and oversee the growth of brewing operations within TRC both in Central Florida and beyond.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• All in-house beer production, storage and inventory management
• Primarily responsible for creating and managing beer list including seasonals
• Developing beer presentations and product releases to engage with the community
• Partner and collaborate with Culinary and Management teams to create an innovative and forward-looking food and beverage program within Town Center
• Assist the entire FOH and BOH teams in providing hands on training regarding the overall brewing program
• Ensure highest sanitation and maintenance standards for brewing equipment and facility prioritizing safety for our guests and employees
• Work with Management and Marketing team to maintain engaging and accurate social and traditional media presence
• Manage purchasing and production quantities within budget expectations
• Minimum 3 years as a successful Head Brewer or Brew Master at a full-service brewery
• Knowledge of brewing, cost control, accounting and state regulations and norms pertaining to the business
• Local health department and food safety knowledge
• Understanding of trends in craft beer
• Creative vision in order to implement your/company's vision into recipes
• Experience managing employees with varying levels of experience and expertise
• Practical experience within varying levels of a full-service restaurant or brewery
• Reputation of integrity and "doing the right thing"
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with a natural ability to influence and build consensus
• Proven ability to hold people accountable, while simultaneously giving them the tools and coaching needed for success
• Competence in Microsoft Office
• Excellent problem solving, and operational troubleshooting abilities
• Detail oriented, and ability to tackle complex assignments
• Excellent management and organizational skills
• Flexibility and ability to change course according to the needs of the company and guests
• Frequent walking, kneeling, bending and reaching.
• Able to stand and be active for extended periods of time which may be at least 10 hours per shift.
• Able to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
• Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds frequently.
• Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination.
Please apply online for immediate consideration: