Vice President of Marketing and Brand Development
Flying Dog BreweryApply for Job
As one of the fastest-growing regional craft breweries in the mid-Atlantic, Flying Dog has been brewing world-class beer that pushes the confines of traditional styles for almost 30 years. Our beer attracts everyone from craft beer connoisseurs to those just catching the wave with up to 25 styles available at any given time. Our Gonzo ties are unmistakable, drawing inspiration from Hunter S. Thompson’s relentless truth seeking and Ralph Steadman’s provocative drawings. Flying Dog currently ranks 28 in beer production out of the nearly 7,000 existing craft breweries in the United States.
We are a small and dedicated militia of craft beer crusaders who are unapologetically independent. We encourage creativity, embrace failure, and reward passion. We are a team of warped and twisted beer fanatics who view beer as an artform. We have high energy, high standards, and high expectations.
The VP of Marketing and Brand Development is responsible for overseeing all marketing related activity within the business, including overall brand positioning, messaging, engagement, product strategy and activation plans. This position will establish the strategic marketing direction for all product development, programming and promotional branding campaigns.
This role is responsible for brand growth and driving sales by delivering consumer, retailer and wholesaler focused strategies that encompass digital/interactive media, public relations, experiential, design, merchandise, POS, strategic partnerships, community relations, and in-market activations. The VP of Marketing and Brand Development will ensure that brand standards are being upheld and powerfully placed in the market to connect with consumers, inspire wholesalers and retailers, and drive sales.
The ideal candidate is someone who is ALWAYS learning and embracing change. They are comfortable in uncomfortable situations, and they thrive at problem solving. The ideal candidate is a student of marketing with a keen understanding of what factors drive successful brands. They have a deep understanding of consumer behavior and how to push a brand to the edge.
This job is not for the weak, timid, dis-empowered, or easily discouraged. If you love the comfort of a corporate work environment---please do not apply. If you love slow-moving, safe bureaucracies---please do not apply. If you are easily offended or constantly worry what people think of you---please do not apply.
- Internal Creative: Web, Content, Social Media, Design, Video, Copy
- Public Relations and Community Relations
- Product Strategy, Innovation, and Development
- Product Launch, Activation, and Consumer Engagement
- Strategic Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Experiential, Events, and Hospitality
- Retail Merchandise, Materials, and POS Design and Management
- Consumer Beer Education
- Sales Support and Coordination
- Field Marketing and Territory Brand Strategy
- Internal Marketing
- Wholesaler Marketing
- Retailer Marketing
- Legislative Affairs
- 8-10 years of marketing experience, preferably in the consumer goods space
- 2-4 years brand management experience preferred
- Passion for craft beer preferred
- Experienced in developing marketing/brand strategies
- Experienced in managing a budget and deploying resources for success
- Must be an unrelenting student of the latest marketing trends and tactics
- Advanced communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Agency/creative management experience preferred
- Retail merchandise and hospitality experience preferred
- This position is based at Flying Dog Brewery in Frederick, MD. This position will require long hours and evening/weekend work when the demand calls for it. 20-30% travel expected.