Regional Grocery Services Advisor
National Co+op GrocersApply for Job
Attention retail grocery managers and retail business consultants: Are you interested in work that allows you to grow sales AND support positive social impact? Would you like to apply your business and retail expertise to supporting socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores? Are you a strong communicator with outstanding customer service?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) seeks an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for food, people and retail to join our western corridor retail support team. Internally referred to as our Western Corridor Advisor, this position will be the primary link for account managers to NCG, providing service, support, and advice to help improve their retail execution, grow their businesses, and increase their impact on the communities they serve.
Locally owned by members of the community, co-ops keep their investment dollars in the vicinity by supporting local farmers, food artisans, and other local businesses, and providing jobs for people in the area. Be a part of something great!
This position is based in NCG’s Portland, Oregon office and will include up to 30% travel. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
- Facilitating communication between NCG and member retail food co-ops
- Monitoring individual and regional co-op performance and trends
- Providing coaching and assistance to co-ops and co-op managers
- Supporting the development and execution of regional and national activities and programs
- Increasing co-op participation in national programs and services that support strong financial and operational performance
- Understanding of retail food operations, including familiarity with key retail indicators and basic financial analysis
- Minimum 5 years of retail food store leadership experience (store manager or higher)
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft office products including Excel and CRM software
- Skill and experience in building consensus among diverse groups and managing projects to meet objectives
- Experience in managing resources within budgetary limitations preferred
- Familiarity with the natural foods industry and trends preferred
- Ability to mentor co-op managers (at all organizational levels) and support their needs
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 147 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Apply By: October 4, 2018