Key Account Manager, Beauty
Vital ProteinsApply for Job
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to support our Beauty vertical. This role is based in Chicago, IL reporting to the National Sales Manager. The individual will be instrumental to the growth and scale of Vital Proteins. In the role, you will be responsible for opening new business as well as managing current customers while continuing to build strong relationships with each retailer. This individual will contribute to the overall sales team and will work collaboratively with their manager and our Trade Marketing Team on field training and promotions and will work closely with sales operations and sales analyst teams on program ROI, evaluating go to market and category optimization, manage inventory, forecasting and budgets for designated Retailers. Note the designated Retailers assigned to the Key Account Manager can change based on business needs.
What you will be responsible for:
- Build strong relationships with designated beauty retailers.
- Develop and execute sales plan to ensure delivery of revenue target.
- Research and actively seek new business in alignment with targeted sales goals.
- Increasing revenue, engagement and brand awareness in designated retailers.
- Working closely with sales and trade marketing team on trade spend and setting appropriate expectations with accounts.
- Partner with Sales Ops Team to monitor all purchase orders and resolve issues.
- Provide Management with monthly sales and forecast report.
- Partner with manager to strategize and drive new products, core initiatives, and special projects.
- Partner with Trade Marketing to continuously update promotion calendar including new product sell in details (launch dates for sell-in/sell-through and allocations).
- Actively participate in trade shows and major sales events.
- Schedule and execute monthly training visits to priority accounts
- Flexibility regarding work hours; ability to work nights, weekends
- Assist in facilitating new account trainings where necessary
- Valid driver’s license required.
Who you are:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Have 2-4 years of previous selling experience, preferably in a startup and/or CPG.
- Have established business cadence and relationships within beauty type accounts.
- Motivated, adaptable and a self-starter.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growing company with the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Takes initiative and proactively looks for and suggests process improvements.
- An active listener with strong negotiating / problem solving skills with a dose of humility.
- Proven and successful sales management track record.
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company.
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 30-50% of time.