Trumer BreweryApply for this Job
Trumer Brewery in Berkeley, California, brewers of the award-winning German-style Trumer Pils, has an opening for a Shift Brewer at their 50 bbl brewery. At Trumer we focus in great detail on the process and on excellence in brewing and operational fundamentals.
Brewer’s duties will be focused on wort production in the brewhouse with opportunity for cross-training.
Brewers in all areas:
- Must be physically capable of rotating into and out of several work stations
- Participate in training and safety programs to enhance job performance and knowledge
- Be responsible for understanding Trumer’s hazardous material and safety procedures and adhering to these procedures when and where applicable
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, such as housekeeping projects and line set-up
- Rotate between day and swing shifts on monthly basis
- Notify Supervisor of equipment, supplies, or scheduling problems and repair needs
- Drive a forklift safely
- Be able to work continuously in a standing position
- On a rotating basis, perform routine bottling and canning line work, such as loading operating supplies into assigned machines, ensuring smooth machine operation and alleviating problem situations
- Load and unload kegs onto the keg conveyors and monitor the racking operations
- Ideally have six months experience in a brewery or on a bottling, canning or racking line
- Formal brewing education a plus
Trumer Brewery is an equal opportunity employer, and offers a compensation package that includes medical, dental, paid vacation, 401K and other benefits. Interested applicants please send their resumes and cover letters via email with the subject line Brewer to firstname.lastname@example.org.