BevNET, Inc.Apply for this Job
BevNET’s news team is seeking an editorial assistant.
This is a great situation for a recent college graduate and aspiring journalist to learn business reporting by covering entrepreneurial companies and the issues affecting them in the packaged food, beverage, and craft beer industries.
Our editorial assistant will assist editors and reporters in aspects of the daily publication of stories and press releases for our BevNET, NOSH and Brewbound verticals. Their day will be a balance between reporting and administrative work, but with an eye toward developing and writing stories and creating a beat covering the business of food -- one of the most dynamic businesses in the country.
The editorial assistant will gain strong knowledge of the news cycle for a thriving journalistic operation, an improved grasp of online publishing tools, an understanding of many of the aspects contributing to the success of consumer brands, and exposure to some of the top companies, leaders and investors in their respective industries.
Note: this is a trade publication, not a consumer web site -- while there’s a lot of free food and drink in the office, it’s not an opportunity to write about your last meal or why bacon is awesome.
- Format and publish press releases to the Newswire section of the website
- Produce content for BevNET Magazine
- Pitch and write stories for news verticals BevNET.com, NOSH.com, and/or Brewbound.com
- Execute editorial-related brand outreach
- Locate art elements for stories and other postings.
- Update information in company database.
- Assist reporters in research for stories and interview transcription.
- Experience or background in media/publishing and journalism. Recent undergraduate or graduate journalism students preferred
- Strong written and communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Understanding of AP Style
- Experience conducting Internet-based research with proper sourcing.
- Ability to work in collaborative environment.
- Passion for writing/reporting or business of food, beverage and beer.
- Experience in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and WordPress or other content management system preferred but not required.
- Ability to commute to offices in Watertown, MA.
To Apply: Please send a brief cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (4-5 pages maximum) to Martin Caballero (email@example.com) using the email subject line “BevNET Editorial Assistant Application”
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for the intern position.
BevNET.com is the leading beverage-oriented media company, producing a web site, print magazine, and live conference series. The company was founded in 1996 by John Craven, with its mission to offer, through products in a variety of media, the best, most comprehensive forum for news coverage, expertise, partnership and support for all members of the beverage community.
Since its inception, BevNET.com has become a recognized authority on the beverage industry. BevNET.com and its employees are often used as sources for media publications looking for industry information, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Detroit Free Press, CNBC and Wired Magazine.