Lead Brewer - Dania Beach Florida
3 Sons Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
3 Sons Brewing Co is looking for a member to join our team that is passionate about craft beer and excited to be a part of a new startup brewery.
As nomad brewers, we work diligently at providing quality and creative beers. As a result, over the past years, we have built a respectable reputation in the craft beer community. We now have a new home in beautiful Dania Beach, Florida, where our facility encompasses over 11,000 SQ’ of indoor & outdoor space for our brewery and tasting room.
Not only are we passionate about beer but, yup, you guessed it… food! That’s why we have one of south Florida’s most creative minds and successful chef’s joining our team. He’ll be running and killing the game in the kitchen. The menu will always be fresh and primarily revolve around a wood burning oven.
We have a custom build 20BBL Criveller brewhouse that consists of, an oversized Mash/Lauter tun, two boil kettle/whirlpools and 40 BBL hot and cold liquor tanks. In our cellar we have four 40BBL uni tanks, two 20BBL uni tanks, and a 40BBL and 20 BBL brite tank. We also will have a 6 head bottle filler, Keg Washer, Small but well stocked Laboratory and we will be using EKOS Brewery Management Software for production, operations and sales.
We are seeking an experienced Lead Brewer with self-management skills, who is adverse to cutting corners, accountable, reliable, and takes immense pride in the work they produce. This person will collaborate with our Head Brewer and team to lead the brand’s current offerings and showcase their own creativity.
The Lead Brewer position will require at least three years’ experience in a production brewery that produced over 5,000 bbls a year, and two years of experience in a leadership role while managing a brew team. Preference goes to someone with Lab experience, a Bachelor of Science in biology, brewing/distilling science, or chemistry. Candidate must have excellent written skills, proficiency in Excel, math calculations, ability to comprehend distribution data and forecasting, adhere to TTB and State excise tax reporting, and ensure a safety program regarding HACCP standards. Experience with EKOS is a plus.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Executing Head Brewers recipes diligently and collaborate with Head Brewer on new recipes. Wort production, preparing fermentation, CIP-SIP procedures, quality control, record keeping and packaging.
- Independently operate the brew house including mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool and wort cooling, pitching yeast, transferring to fermenter, filtering, transferring to the brite tank, and packaging of beer.
- Complete necessary paperwork for accurate record keeping of production logs and all laboratory testing.
- Performs designated QC and QA checks at various stages of the brewing process.
- Follow all safety and health regulations.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of brew house machinery and surroundings.
- Help to monitor and report inventories of beer and raw materials, including grain, hops, yeast and chemicals
- Train and oversee assistant brewers in various responsibilities as necessary
- Responsible for proper yeast handling, including but not limited to propagation, pitching, harvesting, aeration and CIP
- Representation at trade shows, festivals and local beer events
- Work with kitchen team on site events to drive brand engagement
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Full availability throughout week to include some nights and weekend
- Must have reliable transportation
- Appreciation of our beers and enthusiasm for the craft industry as a whole!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, ladders, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
- Willing to work in consistently loud environments
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
3 Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our compensation will be based on experience and our benefit package offering will include subsidized health insurance for full-time employees along with vision and dental benefits, 401-k with matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
If you think you have what it takes to join our growing company, please go to our website to apply. Calls, faxes, or personal visits will not be accepted.