Commonwealth Joe Coffee RoastersApply for Job
We’re hiring a Full-Time, experienced Head Roaster to our dedicated Production Team. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in roasting multiple coffee profiles, a leader in consistency & quality control, and excited to impact a growing industry. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and potential for growth.
- Responsible for the day-to-day roasting operations on a industrial coffee roaster.
- Ensures all final product meets quality standards. Recommends changes to roasting profiles to improve quality.
- Leads roasting profile development. Recommends and drives changes to roasting profiles to improve quality. Heavy interaction with Head Brewer to continuously improve brewing recipes.
- Maintains meticulous roasting logs. Validates logs for accuracy. Records quality checks.
- Develops new operating procedures to consistently produce high-quality roasted coffee.
- Recommends equipment to purchase to improve roasting and whole bean coffee processing.
- Trains Roaster Apprentices in roasting best practices, safety & cleanliness standards, machine maintenance, and logging.
- Responsible for accurately weighing, labeling, bagging, and grinding whole bean coffee.
- Maintains excellent cleanliness and general housekeeping practices.
- Properly uses PPE and safety protocols for cleaning, brewing, packaging and quality testing.
- Conducts coffee cuppings and promotes a strong coffee culture throughout the Company.
- Assists with green coffee inventory tracking, sampling and purchasing. Recommends selections of green coffees.
- Responsible for roaster maintenance schedule and repairs.
- Passionate about coffee and open to 10-hour shifts with a flexible schedule of early mornings or late evenings as determined by production schedule.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess at least 1 year of professional coffee roasting experience.
- Excellent communication skills through verbal, written, digital, and other means.
- Sensory analysis skills required.
- Q-Grader highly preferred.
- Experience with food safety, quality control, and other protocols.
- ServSafe, PCQI, and other FSMA certifications are a plus.
- Data-driven, experimentation mindset, and a thirst for knowledge to develop the best coffee profiles possible.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a concrete surface on a continual basis.
Please APPLY HERE. Applications will only be accepted through our website.
Commonwealth Joe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.