Strategic Sourcing Director
MegaFood Whole Food Supplement CompanyApply for Job
At MegaFood, our mission is to nourish a world in nutritional crisis by producing the highest quality supplements made with farm fresh whole foods. MegaFood is a proud Certified B Corporation, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance and a driver of change in the creation of meaningful jobs, the improvement of lives, and the application of best business practices. We are always looking for people who are passionate about our mission to join our growing team!
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for leading the establishment and management of sourcing strategies and supplier relationships. Will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and leading the selection process for the appropriate contract manufacturing companies (and sites) and raw material suppliers to support company growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct team to ensure sourcing is performed in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Responsible for the framework used for Category Management and Strategic Sourcing.
- Drive the use of best practices and standardization of category management and sourcing processes.
- Measure team effectiveness against established performance metrics.
- Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Implement supplier agreements by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies for key ingredients.
- Lead market intelligence strategy and tools to profile, benchmark, research and assess supply markets.
- Proactively seek new sources for packaging components, raw material ingredients and technologies to support product innovation team projects.
- Maintains professional relationships with Co-Manufacturers and Suppliers to maximize service and collaboration.
- Ensures selected vendors are aligned with MegaFood quality expectations while adhering to timely delivery of products.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Operations team.
- Lead team in managing vendor agreements and contracts
- Actively manage and communicate forecasts to the sites and manage capacity planning.
- Oversight of the management SOPs for incoming new raw materials, packaging components, finished products, etc.
- Works with cross-functional teams in the development of appropriate specifications for on time development of new raw materials and/or products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a BA/BS degree with a minimum of 8-10 years supply chain/sourcing experience, or relevant experience working for manufacturing and/or consumer Packaged Goods Company.
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing requirements, organic and non-gmo standard and quality testing specifications.
- A strong understanding of business growth through the product development process.
- Experience in supply chain sourcing for natural food, dietary supplements or HABA, preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Google Drive and ERP systems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel 25%
What We Offer You:
We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive. Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, free chair massages, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!