Social Media & Marketing Manager
Mike's Mighty Good & Dr. McDougall's Right FoodsApply for this Job
This an entrepreneurial role in a fast-paced, fast-growing natural food company. This role is responsible for implanting and building the social media, marketing, and brand communications of the Mike’s Mighty Good and Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods brands.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and strong collaborator with great organizational and communication skills. This position calls for a digitally-savvy individual who can work independently and is hungry to grow our trending brands and their communities.
What You Will Do:
This position is a blend of marketing, blogging, social media management and influencer relationship management. As the Marketing & Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for building a dynamic and positive community and brand experience for our customers and influencers interacting with our brands. You will also work directly with the CMO to coordinate our marketing strategy in the social, digital, and field spaces while also supporting the team in in-person marketing events, trade shows, and demos. We are looking for candidates with a positive can-do attitude, a love of food and food marketing, a solid work ethic, and a keen appreciation for the high energy and integrity of the natural products industry. This is a great position for a person who is flexible, versatile, detail-oriented, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. The ideal candidate will be driven by an entrepreneurial spirit that will evolve the Bright People Foods brands.
- Food photography and video planning, production editing
- Brand document, blog post and newsletter writing
- Blogger outreach, negotiation, and relationship management in coordination with the CMO
- Social media and marketing strategy development in conjunction with the CMO
- Content scheduling across social platforms
- Creating and appearing in social media live and story videos
- Graphic design of marketing materials and posts
- Setting and meeting benchmark growth targets in coordination with the CMO
- Tracking influencer spending and results
- Becoming an expert on the Mike’s Mighty Good and Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods brands – developing a nuanced understanding of our service to be able to answer any question and solve any problem.
- Supporting social media content creation and editing in collaboration with the CMO
- Coordinating on-the-ground sales & marketing efforts in collaboration with the CMO
- Occasional travel to regional and national trade shows and consumer marketing events on weekdays and weekends
- Building with sales leads under the direction of the CMO
- Creating trade show & sales materials in collaboration with the marketing team
- Engaging in weekly 1:1s with CMO
- Tone Setting: Embody the Bright People Foods culture and company team values
- Maintaining excellent customer and Bright People Foods employee interdepartmental relationships
- Cultivating great relationships with our team and our customers
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Prior experience in blogging or social media content creation for personal or corporate accounts is a plus.
- Love of food and knowledge of natural/ organic food industry
- Comfort with Wordpress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Audition, iMovie, and social media content creation is a plus.
- Experience and comfort with food styling
- Strong PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel Skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- Capability of managing time and meeting deadlines
- Capability of using back-office software to support customer service & marketing activities
- Excellent communications skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Proven integrity in life/ employment and honesty in dealing with others
- Ability to receive and respond positively to critical feedback
- Dependable and committed to doing what it takes to get the job done
- Occasional and event-related weekend work and ability to work during travel is required