Regional Sales Manager Midwest
Wild Goose Canning-Meheen ManufacturingApply for this Job
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
WILD GOOSE CANNING – MEHEEN MANUFACTURING
POSITION: Regional Sales Manager
Wild Goose Canning – Meheen Manufacturing (WGM) is the premier canning and bottling solution for the US craft beer industry. Wild Goose Canning is the craft brewing industry’s leading canning system designer and manufacturer. Through innovative engineering and experience, Wild Goose Canning designs and hand-builds custom systems that allow craft producers to create their highest quality products with unprecedented precision and versatility. Meheen Manufacturing’s bottle filling and carbonating technologies are engineered to make the premium craft beverage bottling possible and profitable. Built over decades of brewing, carbonating and filling, Meheen's industry-leading expertise ensures the quality and consistency of every batch from tank to bottle.
WGM is looking for a motivated and dynamic individual to join our growing team. We are hiring an experienced sales professional to support our significant growth! We are looking for talented and competitive sales people that thrive in a relationship-oriented environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Responsible for sales in Michigan, Ohio and the surrounding region, this position will help spur WGM’s growth in 2018 and beyond by leveraging our products and services to increase WGM’s global presence to the craft beer and beverage markets that need our bottle and can filling technologies. This role reports to the VP of Sales, Service and Customer Satisfaction.
We are seeking accomplished sales associates with a proven record of creating strong customer relationships, following up on leads, managing funnel opportunities, selling our incredible value proposition, closing opportunities and exceeding plans/quotas leading to growth in a region or market. Candidates should be accustomed to disciplined and regular outreach in person (preferred) and via telephone to current and prospective customers.
- Qualify leads obtained from current marketing activities
- Follow up with previously quoted customers to engage the selling process
- Analyze regional market opportunities, develop pre-call plans, and visit/call qualified customers
- Proactively contact and collect basic information on database of all potential customers
- Develop rapport with industry leaders and experts
- Provide Voice of Sales and Voice of Customer feedback to Marketing and Engineering teams
- Identify, qualify and close new customers.
- Build quotes and answer equipment and technical questions for our customers.
- Visit customers regularly to build/ maintain relationships and have good understanding of market trends and dynamics.
- Attend local craft beer trade shows, festivals and events (with our demo equipment, as required)
- Manage and monitor customer pipeline, coverage and reporting (quality, quota pipeline coverage, etc.) and report status to US-based Sales & Marketing team on a weekly basis.
- Continually, in real-time, update our CRM system so we can properly report sales pipeline and forecasting.
- Work with the Colorado-based Sales & Marketing and Operations teams to make sure that activities, events, and operational workflows are as successful and efficient as possible.
- Travel (approx. 50-75%) required.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience including a proven ability to exceed annual plans selling capital equipment and/or consumables both in person and via the phone
- Significant working knowledge and comfort working with CRM system to manage activities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational abilities and documentation habits
- Experience a plus, but not required:
- Experience in equipment and automation, ideally in the packaging sector
- Experience with brewery, packaging or carbonated beverage filling equipment will be given priority
- Knowledge of brewing and the craft brewing or beverage industries
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Flexibility, integrity and commitment
- The regular work week is forty (40) hours, however, that number of hours may be exceeded and spread out from Sunday to Saturday, depending on customer demand and territory coverage
- Travel by car or airplane is required; travel to Canada may also be necessary
- A valid passport is required at all times
It is Wild Goose – Meheen’s policy to provide an equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We are committed to a diverse workforce. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and diversity and assisting the company in meeting its objectives. Wild Goose – Meheen prohibits discrimination based on employees' and applicants' race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable federal or Colorado state law.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits offered
401k plan with match offered
Paid time off provided
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jobs@WildGoose-Meheen.com and include “Regional Sales Manager” in the subject line