Head Coffee Brewer
Commonwealth Joe Coffee RoastersApply for Job
We’re looking to hire a full-time, Head Brewer with experience in cold brew coffee, beer brewing, or distilling to take our cold coffee production to the next level.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and potential for growth.
- Leads and oversees operations for cold coffee production, including cleaning, brewing, filtering, storage and packaging.
- Recommends and drives changes to brewing profiles to improve quality. Develops and proposes new cold coffee recipes and formulations.
- Oversees final product quality. Routinely uses quality control instrumentation. Vigilantly monitors water quality, brewing and storage temperatures, and other instrumentation.
- Improves operating procedures to consistently produce high-quality coffee. Continuously and systematically improves the quality of the craft.
- Leads teams in product development, quality assurance and daily production operations.
- Oversees training and development for Production Associates to set quality and consistency standards, improve product quality, implement new recipes, and adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains brewing and recipe logs. Validates logs for accuracy and records quality checks.
- Capitalizes on opportunities to shorten cycle times. Recommends equipment to purchase to improve processes.
- Monitors inventory on raw materials, such as roasted coffee, for current and future production. Coordinates with Head Roaster on raw materials throughput.
- Sets example for cleanliness and organization in the cold coffee brewery. Trains Production team in excellent clean in place (CIP) procedures and general housekeeping practices.
- Assists with the procurement of materials and other inventory items related to the brewing process.
- Properly uses PPE and safety protocols for cleaning, brewing, packaging and quality testing. Sets example for PPE and safety for the brewing team.
- Responsible for brewing equipment maintenance schedule and repairs.
- Passionate about your work and open to 10-hour shifts with a flexible schedule of early mornings or late evenings as determined by production schedule.
- 3+ years of experience in beverage production environments.
- Experience leading a dynamic team.
- Vigilant attention to detail.
- Data-driven, experimentation mindset, and a thirst for knowledge to find the best Nitro Cold Brew coffee recipes in the world. Adheres to the scientific method to systematically discover truths.
- Excellent communication skills through verbal, written, digital, and other means.
- Experience in CIP, food safety, SQF, quality control and other protocols.
- ServSafe, PCQI, and other FSMA certifications are a plus.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a concrete surface on a continual basis.
Commonwealth Joe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.