Experienced brewer / Cellar Person for Catskill Brewery in Livingston Manor, NY.
Catskill BreweryApply for this Job
The Catskill Brewery is an established brewery with a diverse customer base and we're known for our IPA’s, lagers and award-winning mixed-fermentation beers. Located in the south-western Catskills, we have strong ties to the local community and the preservation of this beautiful part of the world. We are seeking a team member who has an extreme passion for making outstanding beer, is a hard-working multitasker with the abilities to take on and execute most aspects of work in a brewery. As a member of the team you may be called upon to help in a variety of ways, but your love of the process and attention to detail will allow you to contribute to the beer we make, serve and sell in very direct ways.
Candidate abilities include and will not be limited to the following:
Brewhouse and Cellaring:
- Malt handling and wort production
- Beer maintenance, fermentation monitoring, and dry hopping
- All aspects of packaging
- Yeast management including harvesting, pitching and record keeping
- CIP of fermenters, brite tanks, and brewhouse
- Thorough knowledge and capable of support for both brewhouse and packaging operations
- Must maintain a safe and clean environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Support a culture of safety by using proper PPE and best practices
- Ability to use a forklift favored
- Lift 50+ lbs regularly
- Work in hot/cold and wet environments that requiring twisting, bending, pulling, and pushing in tight areas
- Stand for the duration of an 8-hour shift
- Use a ladder
Send a resume and include some notes about your passion for beer, the styles you enjoy and what you aspire to achieve to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation for this job will be negotiable, but commensurate with experience.