General Manager- Anchor Public Taps
Anchor Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
- Lead and manage the team through respectful and effective methods.
- Provide training programs and coaching for the bartenders, bar backs and hosts.
- Lead by example to provide comprehensive knowledge of standard service protocol, demonstrating a unique sense of friendly hospitality.
- Mentor and develop the Manager and PT Shift Supervisor’s people management skills.
- Manage guest satisfaction matters and special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Consistently deliver a “people oriented” style, understanding we are a company of relationships and great customer service.
- Oversee maintenance, cleaning, and staff schedules.
- Maintain accounting and vendor booking.
- Effectively manage key marketing event and programming initiatives to drive foot traffic.
- Submittal of administrative documentation such as sales reports, shift reports, and interdepartmental communications.
- Develop and execute key initiatives to drive revenue growth.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory /cash control. Analyzing, interpreting and acting on daily, monthly, and annual financial reporting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDE:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in General Manager-level positions in restaurants/bars.
- Candidate must possess valid ServSafe, TIPS or LEAD training certification.
- Experience with Aloha POS preferred.
- Extensive beer knowledge. Certified Beer Server certification is required within 30 days of hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs desired.
- Candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A firm understanding of all aspects of the restaurant business, including FOH, BOH, operational systems and health code standards along with people management, HR, accounting, scheduling, payroll, labor forecasting, and inventory.
- Strong financial acumen; ability to read and interpret financial statements, able to identify irregularities and cost saving opportunities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a timely manner, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays.
- Strong focus and ability to complete operational tasks in addition to managing the floor during business hours.
- Forward thinking and creative individual who is committed to the brand success and is able to focus on the big picture while capably delegating to appropriate team members.
The candidate must be able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time, reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. The position also requires that the candidate move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to ambient temperatures and weather conditions in this location.