GM of Production & Distribution
Blake's Hard Cider Co.Apply for this Job
The GM of Production & Distribution is responsible for the management, continuous improvement, and quality of all products produced in the Blake’s facilities, including its employee staffing, performance and outputs. The GM of Production & Distribution supervises, motivates, and holds accountable all members and departments of the production and distribution teams. Utilizing and applying a team mentality and the Blakes Operating System methodology the GM of Production & Distribution is responsible for all aspects of any and all Blake’s products produced and distributed including but not limited to the hard cider, sweet cider and baked goods. Responsible for the effective and efficient planning, staffing, and scheduling, as required for all necessary production and distribution requirements. This position requires that the GM be responsible for the P&L of the Production & Distribution Function and meets all financial and budgetary goals.
As the GM, you are accountable for meeting the company’s production and quality in for all products produced and distributed as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and production and quality goals.
You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission by maintaining a key component of the company’s revenue and profit sources. Because you are producing current and new products, and you are in a strong position to influence their quality and consistency and effect our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, communication and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
- Communicate effectively with the CEO, and the multiple Production and Distribution Teams, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that goals and objectives are met.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Supervise the staff to effectively schedule and prioritize hours and, when necessary, reorganize to meet special activity requirements.
- Ensure proper staffing during hours of operation.
- Ensures all employees comply with company customer contact standards. Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company procedures.
- Responsible for employee morale, buy-in, and engagement.
- Responsible for production team disciplinary action and awards, as well as hiring and firing.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our product quality.
- Achieve or exceed the budgeted goals and profits as presented by the General Manager and the Owners.
- Maintain a positive Production Facility attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals.
- Follows all instructions (written and verbal) as given by the CEO.
- Ensures that all company transactions are done in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Keeps updated on the events in the industry and market place in order to take advantage of new trends.
- Maintaining cleanliness outside & inside including garbage, debris, cement areas, flower beds
- Implementing inventory control procedures on consumables, supplies and finished products.
- Maintain communication with all other business departments (sales, marketing, tasting room, cider mill, etc.)
- Be a driving force for product development and staying ahead of industry trends
- Stay up to date with technology and it’s evolving role in the workplace.
- Learn each piece of equipment 100% - Ensure SOPs are being created and maintained.
- Develop processes and empower managers to autonomously run each department.
- Perform, request and manage maintenance of: door and building, Hi-Lo maintenance, water system maintenance (IE salt, flush filter, glycol system).
- Develop, implement, and maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Spare parts list & inventory
- Coordinate all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Hold team meetings to ensure the flow of information.
- Capture all wins and losses
- Review all employee suggestions and improvements
- Manage KPI’s
- All aspects of inventory control
- All aspects of efficiency and effectiveness
- All aspects of quality
- All aspects of logistics, incoming and outgoing shipment process flow, documentation, etc.
- Approving or submitting capital expenditure requests for large assets.
- Maintain excellent facility cleanliness and sanitation standards
- Security of Storage Building & Production Building.
- Implement break schedule for all production staff.
- Develops, coordinates, and controls all production activities to produce the targeted products and maintain quality, consistency and profit goals of the Company while controlling costs.
- Settles all product quality complaints at this level and seeks guidance of the General Manager and the Owner as required.
- Work with Tasting room to ensure they have sufficient inventory.
- Coordinates production and profit margins with accounting personnel.
- Meets regularly with subordinates to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated goals and objectives.
- Reviews all production activity reports with key people weekly.
- Ensures that an accurate recording system for all transactions is maintained.
- Track and maintain productions operating budget.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews on or before the applicable due date(s) for all personnel reporting to this position.
- Attends all weekly management meetings.
- Responsible for managing distribution and supply chain
- Safely and cost effectively ensuring goods arrive at their destinations on time
- Developing and maintaining the processes and systems that allow for our products to be distributed to the purchaser and end user in a timely manner with quality intact.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 5 years’ experience in similar management or senior management role
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a similar establishment in an efficient manner.
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a production operation with ten or more employees in the operation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from various sources.
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of costs and pricing.
- Ability to deal effectively with vendors in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Production.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to lift & move at least 165 pounds at a time on a regular basis (1/2 barrel full weight)
- Must be able to remain standing for an entire shift
- Must be able to perform regular duties safely
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job