Head of Sales & Operations
Montana Craft MaltApply for this Job
Montana Craft Malt is a new 10,000 ton malting facility. From our headquarters in Butte, Montana, we enjoy unique access to one of the world’s best barley-growing regions and the state’s top independent growers, enabling us to produce an extraordinarily diverse selection of classic and innovative malts.
We are hiring a Head of Sales & Operations with a passion for the craft brewing industry to help us achieve our business goals. As a member of Montana Craft Malt’s collaborative leadership team, this role will develop and execute the sales strategy, and advise the leadership team on market trends and recommendations. This role will report into the CEO.
Candidate should have a sales management experience and the ability to learn, adapt, and execute quickly in a fast moving environment. Preference to candidates who have strong network in the craft brewing industry.
- Partner with CEO to plan, oversee, and execute malt sales and distribution strategies and goals.
- Manage strategic sales accounts and distribution partnerships.
- Research, recommend and facilitate new distributor partnerships that align with production and sales goals.
- Manage the recruiting, hiring, training, and performance of Montana Craft Malt’s sales team.
- Oversee brand presence and engagement at all major craft beer events.
- Provide ongoing sales reports to leadership team including monthly sales performance vs. goals, sale forecasts, and industry trends.
- Identify and communicate sales growth opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with production and logistics to ensure order fulfillment and impeccable customer service.
- Partner in seed origination and product portfolio planning to ensure desirable malt offerings for brewers.
- Champion the development of Montana Craft Malt’s company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years in applicable sales leadership role.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ambitious self-starter with a passion and knowledge of quality craft beer and its ingredients.
- Organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable.
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Knowledgeable about craft beer industry.
- Travel required as needed.
• Competitive salary D.O.E.
• Equity sharing will be considered for qualified candidate.
To apply, please email your resume, including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org