Head of Distillery/ Plant Manager
Confidential Wines & SpiritsApply for this Job
Whiskey distiller in Southern Texas is seeking a superstar Head of Distillery/Plant Manager.
We are currently in production and selling our products nationally and internationally.
If you are a self-starter, detail-oriented, passionate about craft spirits, then we are the company for you! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in showing their creative skills in developing premium whiskey. We need an energetic and focused individual who knows their way around fermentation and distillation; someone who can see a quality product through from sourcing all the way to bottling. Seeking someone with a clear understanding of brown spirits maturation quality. At minimum, we need a person with an intuitive understanding of the processes involved in and the basic chemistry behind distilling and science of making distilled spirits. An ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience making great whiskeys.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage recipe development, spirit integrity and testing
- Evaluate and monitor spirits produced and raw materials involved in distilling
- Performs every aspect of production including, milling, mashing, fermenting, distilling, tasting, proofing, cellaring, bottling, blending, labeling procedures, and schedules
- Performing regular testing throughout fermentation and distilling process to determine necessary information in producing a quality product
- Complete lab testing and quality control procedures focusing on continuous improvement
- Control all ordering and materials inventory to produce and control cost of goods or COGS. Manage raw ingredients inventories, schedule deliveries, and forecast production needs
- Supervise cleanliness and sanitation procedures for all distillery operations and equipment including compliance with CIP (Clean-In-Place) standards.
- Provide oversight of all distillery personnel and operations.
- Create and manage all record keeping in spreadsheets or any other required spirits programs suited for distillery.
You will get the chance to work for a company that will value not only your experience but your voice in shaping our award-winning authentic whiskey and bourbon. Our company has already made a name for itself as a producer of innovative and award-winning products. Now we are looking to expand current operations and that’s where you come in. This career opportunity will give you the chance to really make a name for yourself by putting your fingerprint on our Brand. We will consider a client candidate that is currently working as an assistant or second in command and wants to create a great experience with whiskey. We’d love to add you to our team!