Regional Sales Manager (Northeast)
Halen Brands – Joyfuls ChocolateApply for this Job
Halen Brands –
Responsible for maintaining and growing Joyfuls Snacking Chocolate sales and distribution in a specified geographic area working with food brokers, distributors and retail customers in
- Develop maximum sales and distribution in the assigned marketing area
- Lead brand sales through a strong distributor to retail network, development of current and prospective customers
- Contribute to brand effectiveness by providing recommendations for promotions and merchandising requirements
- Maintains and grows existing
- Compiles and executes business plan and strategy on gaining new distribution in designated prospects throughout the region in conjunction with the corporate sales plan.
- Gathers and communicates product and market intelligence to sales and marketing management.
- Develops objectives and forecasts for each market/account on an annual basis and communicates adjustments where needed on a continuous basis.
- Effectively communicates with Corporate for support and approvals on the business plans.
- Assists in the development of and operates within regional budget limits including promo allowances, co-op, travel, entertainment, etc.
- Follows corporate policies and procedures including on-time expense reports, sales reports, meeting notes, etc.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key retail personnel throughout the region.
- Requires approximately 30 - 40% travel.
- Attend weekend trade events several times annually.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a four-year college or university degree and 3-5 years’ experience.
Requires a minimum of 3-5 years field sales experience with emphasis in food and beverage business. Prior field sales management and regional accountability preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in natural/conventional retail food channels.
- Strong knowledge of Northeast/NYC Region
- Enterprising, independent and motivation to succeed
- Reliable transportation
- A candidate who cooperates in group efforts to achieve a common goal
- A thorough understanding of MS Word, Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Dynamic and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills are also required.
Ability to carry sample cases and presentations to customer sites (approximately 5 - 20 lbs.), reset product planograms, build displays and merchandise Joyfuls product at stores, the ability to travel by air and automobile is also required.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Travel is mandatory and will consist of 2-3 days a week.