Artifact Cider ProjectApply for this Job
Artifact Cider Project makes distinctive ciders from great apples. We’re a craft cidery aiming to interpret apple-centric cidermaking through modern techniques. Founded in 2013, we are now distributed to multiple states along the eastern seaboard.
We seek a qualified candidate to manage the daily operations of our cellar. This is a jack-of-all-trades role which spans cidermaking, facility, cellar, orchard, logistics, and packaging operations- you are the glue in our facility. Your primarily role will be to manage the inflow of materials and outflow of cider from our new facility in Northampton, MA. You will work closely with the lead cidermaker and founders to maintain production-related operations.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred but not required
- 2+ years established operations and/or cellar experience
- Forklift certified
- Ability to easily carry heavy loads (~50lbs)
- Basic knowledge of cellar operations (pumps, valves, fittings, etc)
- Basic knowledge of the cidermaking process
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Passion for craft cider, wine, and/or craft beer industry
- Established track record of organization, diligence, and good attitude
- Co-Lead packaging operations with Cidermaker
- Collaborate with Cidermaker on cellar activities (CIP, transfers, filtration, testing, etc)
- Maintain and communicate cider inventory to sales teams
- Logistics: receive and load all incoming/outgoing shipments, manage dock hours
- Maintain facility & equipment, manage PMs, upgrades, and repairs
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean workplace meeting internal and OSHA standards
- Assist tasting room staff on operations/functional needs (keg room, inventory, utilities)
- Perform occasional deliveries as needed locally
Artifact Cider Project is an equal opportunity employer.