Channel Insights Associate
good2growApply for this Job
We are seeking an individual who wants to drive business performance within our customer base through key insights and action recommendations. This is a unique role with a blend of channel, customer and consumer/shopper exposure that will help build a management skill set.
Purpose of Role
To drive growth in our business through key insights at the channel level to increase points of distribution, stores scanning or velocity as well as finding opportunities to enable more efficient derivation of these insights through process and systems efficiencies.
Reporting to the Channel Insights & Strategy Manager, this individual will:
- Participate in the channel-level business insights function across all retail channels including the preparation and integrity of a very detailed and complex build of our monthly channel-level reporting cadence
- Participation in the annual budgeting process including:
- Perform analysis to support development of insights leading to recommendations on channel and pack type strategy including pricing, placement, and promotions, including spend
- Assist in development of annual account planning and budgeting tools
- Perform analysis to support channel level budget build growth targets
- Perform analysis to support on ongoing channel-level demand plan based on consumption insights
- Own Channel Level Analytics for Ad Hoc Meeting Prep and Requests
- Enable Accountability, Measurability, and Visibility of the Performance of:
- Internal Sales Team
- Key Retailers
Position Measurement Criteria
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Accuracy of Annual Budget
- Effectiveness of Channel Strategies measured through Incremental PODs, Stores Scanning and Velocity across Pack Types
- Key Relationships:
- Sales leads responsible for same assigned channels
- Customer Analytics and Insights
- Brand and Product Marketing
- 3-5 years of experience within Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), with direct experience working with Retailer, Syndicated and Wholesaler Push Data
- Understanding of Multiple Retail Channels and their dynamics
- Analytical Experience within mid to large CPG companies
- Experience within a small company, especially a small growth company preferred
- We are looking for an energetic catalyst to make big things happen. You don’t have to be the loudest voice in the room or wear your heart on your sleeve. But you do have to love coming into the office every day and you must have an authentic passion for building businesses and teams. You always have a point of view, and you (mostly) back it up with data.
- You have to be a resourceful self-starter. If you wait to be told to do something before you do it, this probably isn’t the place for you.
- We need someone who is adaptable. The pace of change in our business is rapid. We create plans, but we’re always ready to shift as needed to accomplish our goals.
- You must be able to establish and retain trust across the organization. It’s a small company – there will be several critical relationships that can mean the difference between success and failure.
If you are interested in being considered, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to getting to know you!