Director of Field Activation
Bobo's Oat BarsApply for this Job
Reports To: VP of Sales
FLSA Status (check): __X__Exempt_____Non-Exempt
The Director of Field Activation is a key leadership position for the company and is accountable for driving company revenue, insuring gross margin goals are met and building the strength of the Bobo’s brand. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong professional sales skills, acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have a strong track record of success in building emerging companies, be able to work in a team environment, and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives with a high sense of urgency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, Train and Develop Area Sales Managers
- Provide direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Recruiting, hiring, and training Area Sales Managers brand ambassadors, field marketing agents
- Drive consistent agency approach and continuous improvement; Share best practices across Retail Team
- Support sales team building events and training sessions
- Set specific goals for our ASMs on call frequency and sales results . Measure, manage and communicate ROI results of our field sales team and partners.
- Evaluate results of our ASMs and broker partners on a monthly basis using customer and SPINs Data
- Create and manage actionable retail priorities and goals for ASMs and broker partners
- Collect and organize data from the field about Bobo’s and our competitors
- Create necessary retail selling -materials (e.g..New item sell sheets, surveys customer specific retail presentations)
- Responsible for staying within planned cost structure (i.e. coverage model hours)
- Organize and track broker spiff programs
- Build relationship and leverage field marketing team with ASMs to deliver in market partnership
- Partner with Directors on customer specific priorities, guidelines and retail programs
- Develop field activation plans for both overall Bobo’s success as well as customer specific HQ approved programs such as but not limited to off-shelfs and rack programs.
- Communicate scorecard results back to the ASMs and rest of organization
- Identify opportunities that impact results: Frequency, coverage, response rates, training or product knowledge
- Manage, maintain and leverage CRM tool (currently Repsly)
- Leverage data to drive future priorities and influence results:
- Collaborating/aligning on action plans to course corrections as needed
- Triage customer retail issues and opportunities working with ASMs and brokers to maximize field activation
- Drive profitable revenue
- Utilize a set of best in class store procedures to evaluate, communication and action the business during the month and quarter
- Optimize retail coverage model by managing routes, store lists and frequency within Natural and Conventional
- Organize retail calendars and launch timelines
- Manage overall demo program, staffing and budget in conjunction with Marketing team
- Attend industry events and shows when needed
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience within the Natural Foods channel.
- Possess key functional understanding across sales, field activation and broker management
- Prior experience with brand development and CRM systems to support aggressive business growth
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal and written communications skills
- Travel required. Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% of time.
- Candidate must be a proficient user in POWERPOINT, WORD, EXCEL,OUTLOOK and SPINS/Nielsen.
- Bachelor’s degree; business and marketing majors preferred.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against company goals
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovation and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
Oversee the ASM team as they develop and evolve at Bobo’s. Intimately manage our broker partners for retail activation in all channels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Director of Field Activation" in the subject line.