QC/Lab Operations Manager
Oasis Texas Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
The Quality Control/Lab Operations Manager is responsible for both quality control and quality assurance. This crucial role extends to all facets of the OTXBC brewing process. The primary duties of this position are helping to define quality standards and then ensuring all products produced at OTXBC meet clearly defined quality standards--including how those standards are maintained out in the market.
The ideal candidate for the QC Manager position is proactive, motivated and is an independent worker that requires little direction.
Job duties include:
- Continual testing of in-process and packaged product, including but not limited to: DO, carbonation volumes, pitch cell counts and package cell counts
- Propagating and managing the health of multiple house yeast strains
- Leading and expanding a production staff sensory program
- Evaluating and cataloging raw ingredients and packaged product
- Use of lab equipment to measure TPO, color and IBUs in all finished products
- Creating and implementing staff SOPs that ensure quality and consistency are of the utmost importance
- Manage the purchase, implementation and maintenance of laboratory equipment within budget.
- Working as a cohesive member of a tight-knit team.
- Bachelors degree in microbiology or a related field
- Minimum 2 years lab experience, preferably in brewery setting
- Extremely organized
- Competitive pay
- Health care: medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored education
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Brian Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: QC/Lab Operations Manager Position.