Trumer BreweryApply for this Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring all brewing and packaging processes; documentation and reporting of any irregularities in fermentation performance or microbiological purity, analytical and sensory testing of beer-in-process as well as packaged beer and reporting of all results in a timely fashion. The Quality/Lab technician position is cross-functional and may be called upon to cover for other brewery personnel as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aseptic sampling throughout the brewery including cellars and packaging areas
- Preparation of media and sterile plating
- Microscopic analysis of microbial growth
- Yeast bank maintenance and propagation
- Reporting analysis results and database management
- Operation and maintenance of lab equipment
- Packaging quality sampling and testing, for bottling, canning and kegging. Including TPO, CO2, volumes and micro sampling.
- Generation of all cellar data including but not limited to microbiological test results, yeast viability and vitality tests, pH measurements, alcohol and densiometric analyses, and gas chromatographic analysis of VDK.
- Use of techniques such as UV spectrometry for measurement of analytical data including, but not limited to: beer bitterness, color
- Environmental sampling
- Conduct sensory panel and sensory training programs
- BS in Natural or Food Sciences
- 2 yrs. experience in Food & Beverage manufacturing
- strong time management skills
- excellent written & verbal communication skills
- strong micro experience preferred
- brewery and packaging experience preferred