Chaucer Foods (Crunchies)Apply for this Job
The Sales Coordinator is a key contributor to Chaucer Consumer's growth by supporting the effort of the sales team and key initiatives, reporting directly into the VP of Sales. With opportunities to continue to develop as the business expands, this role is tasked with a variety of administrative duties and special projects. This person will work collaboratively with other Chaucer Consumer team members and departments, and requires excellent verbal and communication skills with a keen sensibility around follow-up.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to provide both administrative and special project support.
- Take lead to update and maintain customer and internal forms and/or portals on product information, specs and asset sharing.
- Manage sales & marketing support materials and supplies for customers, trade shows and industry events.
- Update price lists and other sales related assets.
- Manage and analyze sales and syndicated data reports to provide sales team with insights for selling presentations.
- Support the development of selling presentations for our key customer meetings.
- Assist Customer Service Manager with troubleshooting order issues and creating a sense of urgency around timely communication of progress updates to key customers and VP of Sales.
- Take part in the development of the annual sales plan and assist with monitoring the forecast and expense budget as we progress through the fiscal year.
- Track trade promotions and trade related expenses on an annual calendar across key retailers.
- Fulfill requests from broker partners to provide them with necessary resources to help drive a high level of performance activity.
- Help coordinate samples and necessary materials on new product launches in the market, both for brokers and key retailers.
- Support sales with field research on competitive product and pricing analysis.
- Assist sample coordinator to ensure samples are sent out in a timely fashion with proper tracking while taking lead on communicating to end-receiver.
- Support national trade shows, customer table top shows and consumer events as requested: assist with paperwork, logistics and coordination of booth set up/tear down; manage trade show activity time to maximize booth duty and key account meetings and events.
- Report all personal and trade-related expenses for company reimbursement; submit timely weekly report detail to VP of Sales.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Must live in the greater Southern California market and be able to commute to our Consumer Group office located in Calabasas daily.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of retail sales experience in CPG industry.
- Must possess the willingness to travel on an as-needed basis (trade/consumer shows).
Technical Skills Required
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong multi-tasking qualities and the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally across various departments within the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Mac platforms (Keynote, Numbers, etc.) and other technical platforms/tools (Box, Asana, etc.)
- Experience with customer specific portals and sales management tools/reports.
- Ability to understand & analyze business math, sales data bases, sales forecasts and expense budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
EXPECTATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
As a member of the Chaucer Consumer team we expect you to be accountable for your actions, to challenge existing processes and to grow both professionally and personally. This means having the willingness to claim 100% ownership for results, both individually and collectively with others and to “think outside of the box” when it comes to processes, policies, and strategies. It also requires seeking out new knowledge and skills and assisting others in growing similarly.