Brewery Market Sales Manager
Blackberry Farm BreweryApply for Job
The Market Sales Manager is responsible for achieving key sales objectives by promoting and selling the Blackberry Farm portfolio of products and establishing/maintaining a productive sales relationship with our wholesale account partners. Effective management of national chain accounts, distributor leadership, and regional/local account owners is essential to success. The Market Sales Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the sales territory including seeking and closing new accounts, retaining and growing current business, marketing to accounts, training and education, and working with our distributor. Sales Territory is within 150 miles of Knoxville, Tennessee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties will be assigned.
- Sell Blackberry Farm beers to retail accounts by building strong rapport with retailers
- Manage Distributor relationship to include monthly sales meetings and Annual Business Plan goals and targets
- Strong Business Math skills to influence trade buyers and convert features to benefits sales plans
- National and Regional Chain Account management and call frequency
- Strong Microsoft Office skills to influence and improve trade revenues (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Route and market efficiencies based on effective weekly and monthly planning
- Maximize the sell-through of Blackberry Farm beers by monitoring and improving product merchandising and freshness within retail locations
- Grow Blackberry Farm brand awareness in the territory by executing marketing efforts including in-store tastings, tap-takeovers, participation in local beer festivals, and more
- Achieving sales and marketing goals set on a quarterly basis
- Organizing, promoting, and executing promotional events at accounts and in the market including beer dinners, tap takeovers, festivals, tasting events, and samplings
- Increasing rate of sale through brand visibility, staff trainings, and education
- Managing relationships at key accounts while identifying and targeting growth accounts
- Establish and maintain sales objectives and goals that will be reviewed on a regular basis with management
- Regularly monitor supply, demand, pricing, competitive brands, industry trends, and positive/negative feedback, and communicate findings with management and Regional Sales Managers
- Communicate with accounts about brand awareness, pricing, inventory, brewery events, etc.
- Keep a digital record of account visits, notes, and all relevant information
- Provide education on all aspects of Blackberry Farm products including methods, recipes, and beer styles
- Assist in the sales order process
- Conduct tasting and events at various accounts on weekdays and weekends
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the brewery's overall success
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree or equivalent experience in group sales or service preferred
Three to five years of Distributor/Supplier experience preferred
Hospitality industry experience required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to positively and enthusiastically present and “sell” Blackberry Farm
Basic mathematical skills required for reporting, statistics and budgets
Must be able to make good judgment calls in regards to sales and customer requests
Must be able to accomplish tasks in a timely manner and handle constant interruptions
80% off site with groups during conferences/events
20% computer and phone work
Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and ACT
Experience with hospitality software preferred
Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle or golf cart
4,200 acres of Blackberry Farm property
Offsite locations for events, meetings and conferencesAbout Blackberry Farm
Blackberry Farm provides a world class hospitality experience for our guests. Our attention to every detail, impeccable service, unique activity offerings and outstanding cuisine have helped Blackberry Farm earn its pedigree as one of the most celebrated small luxury resorts in the world.
- James Beard Award Winner- Outstanding Service
- James Beard Award Winner- Best Wine Program
- Travel & Leisure Magazine- #1 Resort in North America
- Andrew Harper- #1 Food and Wine Resort
- Travel & Leisure Magazine- #1 Service in North America
- 4,200 Acre Working Farm setting the standard for Farm to Table Cuisine