Vice President of Sales
Montauk Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
About Montauk Brewing Company
What began in 2012 as a basement brewing operation among longtime friends, Montauk Brewing
Company has grown to embody the spirit of the town. We delivered our first hand-filled kegs on bicycles
to a couple of local bars. In 2017, Montauk Brewing Company is the fastest growing brewery in New
York and the tri-state area. In addition, it is the second fastest growing brewery in the nation for those
who produce over 30,000 Bbl.
“A New York brand does take the no. 1 spot for absolute dollar growth YTD: Montauk, named for
the famed New York beach town, is up a whopping 60% in the market. That’s doubly impressive
as they are also the fifth largest brand (by dollar size) in the NY market.” ~ Craft Business Daily - July 9, 2018
In its sixth year, Montauk Brewing Company looks to continue its entrepreneurial spirit and love for the
industry by bringing in a proven sales professional to help the company reach new levels in New York
City and Long Island.
“Come As You Are”
The Sales Executive
Montauk Brewing is looking for an exceptional leader who can implement our sales distribution strategy
to grow the company. In this role, the successful individual will work with wholesalers to increase sales,
persistently explore and uncover the future business needs, and understand how to grow the Montauk
brand family. She or he will develop and implement a sales plan that will result in the continued growth
of the business.
* Achieves sales goals and profitability.
* Manages sales team, budgeting, forecasting, pricing and sales.
* Implements short and long-range plans that are comprehensive and effective in meeting goals;
integrates planning efforts with distributors and Montauk sales/marketing team.
* Implements the sales organization’s vision, goals and overall direction.
* Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, customers, markets,
new industry developments and standards.
* Works to develop new products, brand strategies and pricing for evolving market opportunities.
* Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles,
values and behavior; builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on
commitments; drives results and success; conveys a sense of urgency.
* Provides coaching and works to build an effective team that responds quickly.
* Cultivates and maintains effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large
distributors and accounts.
* Communicate directly with production team regarding inventory levels and production needs from
* Performs direct sales calls as well as sales rep work withs.
* Experience with three-tier distribution system.
* Established record in developing and building competent sales organizations, meeting and exceeding
sales goals within established budgets, and contributing to successful sales plans and strategies.
* Proven leadership and sales experience within the on-premise and off-premise environment.
* Use VIP to run sales analytics and communicate reports to operations team and distributors.
* Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills, with strong management background.
* High level of financial and business acumen; forecasting, pricing and deal structures.
* Ability to stay current with brands, programs, initiatives, as well as products offered by the
* Intermediate to advanced skillset with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
* Bachelor’s Degree.
* 10+ years’ experience in beer sales.
* 5+ years’ experience managing a team.
* Passionate about the beer industry and the Montauk Brand, and able to embrace and work with our
* Results driven, professional, energetic and self-motivated.
* Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Will be required to pass a background check.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to manipulate data in Excel and
develop PowerPoint presentations.
* Schedule will require evenings and weekends for travel and events.
* Location is the Metro NY and Long Island market but will require meetings and travel to the brewery in
Montauk on a regular basis.
Qualified applicants only. Please email resumes to HR@MontaukBrewingCo.com