Field Service Technician
PakTechApply for this Job
This position requires travel to our customer's domestic and international locations to provide technical support and training. Performs on-site installation and commissioning of handle applicator systems and provides training to customer operators, maintenance, and supervisory personnel. This position requires exceptional trouble shooting skills in the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics, and PLC Controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides technical assistance to our customers by way of telephone or on-site visit.
- Provides training on operation and maintenance to the end-users of our equipment.
- Travels to customer locations domestically and internationally.
- Supports engineering in gathering continuous improvement data at customer locations.
- Ad hoc participant in the new product development and design review teams.
- Provides detailed written reports concerning service interactions and customer visits.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of PakTech equipment, product offerings and participates in internal training efforts.
- Participates in the Factory Acceptance Testing processes.
- Trouble shoots and repairs complex field service issues, takes ownership for solutions until Customer is satisfied with outcome.
- Participates in Root Cause Corrective Action processes.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a full-time employee and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in the discipline of industrial controls, or 5+ years’ experience in the machinery maintenance field with heavy electric/electronic applications.
- Strong automation experience with Allen Bradley and HMI programming software, Servo systems, and multi axis robotics in industrial settings.
- Must have PLC experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings for industrial control panels.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Experience troubleshooting with RSLogix 500/5000
- Experience with Wonderware/Indusoft a plus
- Experience with FactoryTalk View ME a plus
- Experience with Fanuc robotics a plus.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATES
- Requires valid driver license and clean driving record.
- US Passport and the ability to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally.
- Certified Trainer or able to obtain certification with PMMI within 18 months of hire.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Employees must have the ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Job Type: Full-time