Territory Manager - West
Once Upon A FarmApply for this Job
Once Upon a Farm is a California-based company with a big dream: to provide yummy and nutritious “farm-to-family” foods to kids of all ages. Our company is rooted in honesty, integrity and transparency, and our vision is to provide as many children as possible with the best tasting, most nutritious, and highest quality food utilizing sustainable methods.
Our ingredients come from certified organic farms we know and trust, and our food is gently prepared and blended in certified organic kitchens. We never add any sugars, preservatives, pre-processed purees, or concentrates and all of our products are certified organic, non-GMO, kosher and are gluten-free. Most importantly, instead of high heat thermal pasteurization that is typically used in shelf stable products (which kills vital nutrients, enzymes and healthy bacteria), we use High Pressure Pascalization (HPP)! This unique technology maintains food safety and retains the nutrients, enzymes, textures, colors, and aromas of the original foods – setting up a lifetime of healthy eating for little ones and creating a product line that can be enjoyed by family members of all ages.
We support and champion farmers who supply the highest-quality organic ingredients for our foods. We help moms and dads keep their promise to provide the best nourishment for their children’s body and soul. We treat our consumers, customers, suppliers, investors and all our valued employees with the same high level of dignity and respect that we expect from others. We will always fight for and support efforts to drive positive social change and food justice for the benefit of parents, kids and families. Lastly, we foster an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture that values humility, honesty, passion, positive social impact, and fun.
The Territory Manager-West will work closely with, and report directly to, the Region Sales Manager-West to provide targeted account management and executional focus throughout the western territory. Position requires the ideal candidate to be scrappy, able to roll up their sleeves & hit the ground running to get our products sold into a highly competitive marketplace. Responsibilities include oversight of all sales activities across their defined western territory to achieve maximum market penetration for all the company’s products in retail channels. This will entail working at both strategic and tactical levels to develop, implement, and manage programs that maximize both short and long-range objectives for the company’s sales growth; managing and motivating a broker sales team; and working cross-functionally with internal Once Upon a Farm leads (marketing, customer service, finance, supply, etc.).
It’s critical that the Territory Manager - West have a proactive approach to sales development – addressing day-to-day operating issues as well as providing strategic input. He/she will be involved in both personal account selling, as well as managing and motivating the company’s independent broker salesforce. Key areas of focus will encompass leadership across a variety of fronts -- key account management, in-store execution (including store-level audits and merchandising), planning and forecasting, new product launch plans, marketing & trade programs, & the ability to drive significant distribution gains. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Once Upon a Farm.
Manage relationships with key account buyers and supporting teams in the territory.
- Set strategic direction and performance expectations, and manage appointed brokers and distributors to influence distribution, merchandising, shelving, and pricing objectives at key accounts.
- Achieve volume targets within authorized funding.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build strategic annual support plans (trade, shopper marketing, etc) across retail customers.
- Develop and maintain sales forecast to ensure optimal order fulfillment.
- Conduct store-level audits to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to and promotional programming is being executed. Ensure that all coolers and POS are being utilized effectively in the marketplace.
- Leverage data tools to uncover key insights and build effective sales presentations that will allow us to optimize the business and drive sales.
- Identify and attend trade shows and other events to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities. Build connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit the Once Upon a Farm brand (from consumers to buyers and everyone in between).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years CPG experience in the Natural & Grocery Channels with direct key account or channel responsibility. Mission-based selling background in the Natural/Organic space highly preferred.
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers (Presence Marketing) and distributors (UNFI, KeHE, Market Centre, etc) servicing these channels. Club or Canada experience would be a plus.
- Strong planning & organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Has demonstrated success delivering aggressive sales goals and originating strategic initiatives in a resource-limited environment.
- Ideally, experience in both large and small companies, thereby possessing the vision for elements of a highly successful larger enterprise balanced with a more hands-on approach.
- Strong foundational experiences in trade marketing, category management, sales planning and/or brand marketing.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively. A roll-up the sleeves, can-do attitude and demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit. Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle.
- Proficient in data tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portal) & trade analytics.
- Ideally located in Northern California near our Berkeley HQ Office, with the ability to travel extensively throughout the Western United States.