Sales Center Manager
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High CountryApply for Job
As part of the Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country leadership team, the Sales Center Manager directs and coordinates all sales, delivery, merchandising, product supply, warehouse, cooler service, fleet, and safety activities for the sales center. The Sales Center Manager has direct management and leadership responsibility for the sales center staff and is responsible for the direction, execution and proper reporting of outcomes to the appropriate levels of management to ensure expected revenue, volume and operating expense goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow revenue through volume and net pricing and gross profit through product mix, controlling cost of goods, volume, and net pricing.
- Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment including meeting with key customers, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Manage annual sales center operating budget, control expenses effectively, and provide explanation of budget variances to Division Manager.
- Lead, develop and mentor team to achieve a high performance, team-oriented environment with integration of the company’s Culture Formula.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Set performance goals and execute in the market according to CCBCHC plans, goals and objectives.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC personnel and all equipment and product in accounts.
- Ensure safety by establishing behaviors that result in a safe working environment and employee training on safe working techniques, minimizing personal injury and property damage incidents of all types.
- Maintain the safety and integrity of vehicles ensuring required vehicle checks are done and work with managers to make necessary adjustments to ensure operation of all departments without interruption.
- Manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency to meet performance objectives.
- Work with management team to continuously foster a positive work environment and establish the organization as a premier employer.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers including on-time follow-through on commitments.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities
- Work with management team to ensure appropriate handling of personnel matters including hiring for open positions, evaluating performance, and taking appropriate actions in the event of under-performance.
- Provide strategic leadership and build capability through coaching and development on the company’s overall business model, goals and objectives.
- Include management staff in planning, decision-making, and process improvement.
- Identify and mitigate potential personnel risks.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business or 3-5 years outside sales experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Margin Minder (or comparable program) preferred.
- Proven track record of building and retaining business through selling, account management and excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to build accounts through cold calling, lead generation, professional presentation style and negotiating and closing deals.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical to managing this business.
- Class A CDL preferred. May be required in some locations
This position description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol & Drug-Free Workplace.