Pricing & Revenue Management Analyst
Lagunitas Brewing CompanyApply for Job
This key role partners with multiple departments across Lagunitas to develop and execute pricing strategies that drive incremental sales and profit. Critical to our growth, this data analyst designs and drives effective and scalable revenue management plans to support our overall business strategy. This role includes significant potential for growth as the business develops greater revenue management capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Support execution of pricing changes with thoughtful analysis.
- Maintain pricing database to support strategic analysis, management reporting, financial forecasting & analysis.
- Review price changes with Sales Leadership Team to ensure alignment with distributors.
- Provide National Accounts team and Regional Sales teams with price change information to enable retail execution.
- Ensure organizational visibility into pricing execution progress and develop ongoing tracking and analysis of pricing related outcomes that is shared monthly with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Support implementation of pricing systems & tools, working closely with the sales & business systems teams.
- Identify and drive process improvements across all facets of pricing management.
- Proactively identify actionable opportunities and develop recommendations on pricing programs to drive incremental sales and profit.
- Design pricing strategies for new products and packages.
- Analyze performance results of pricing activities including promotional effectiveness.
- Embed strategic thinking on price within the organization through relationships & training; develop relationships to become a trusted thought partner.
- Leverage Nielsen/IRI and other industry data sources for price elasticity & competitor pricing landscape analysis.
- Assist in development and delivery of presentations to senior leaders as required.
- Involvement & ownership in annual planning and revenue forecasting.
- Other duties and projects as directed.
What we're lookin' for:
- 5 years of experience in an analytical function, with 3 years of experience specific to pricing, preferably with a Consumer Packaged Goods company, consulting firm, or market research company; an understanding of beer distributors and distributor processes, pricing strategies and systems is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s in Business Administration preferred.
- Strong analysis skills and presentation ability a must.
- Expert knowledge of retail sales initiatives, revenue management (pricing, packs, promotions), category management and national chain retail experience preferred; Knowledge of pricing & price promotion dynamics utilizing syndicated data preferred (Nielsen, IRI).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills, solid technical aptitude, and a willingness to learn and adapt to various new technologies.
- Effective communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills with the ability to be persuasive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work across all departments in a company; ability to collaborate in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Self-starter who requires minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of financial planning processes, valuation practices, database management, and/or coding (any language) a plus.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Typical office environment (by Lagunitas standards).
- Travel less than 10% per year.