Territory Manager - New Jersey & Pennsylvania
Country Malt GroupApply for Job
GrainCorp Malt is one of the world’s largest producers of malt for use in the brewing, distilling and food industries, operating in the U.S. as Great Western Malting Co., and in Canada as Canada Malting Co.
The Country Malt Group division is North America’s leading Brewing & Distilling products distribution company. Country Malt Group began in 1995 as North Country Malt Supply based in Champlain, NY. In 2010 the company was acquired by GrainCorp and has evolved into the Country Malt Group with 12 distribution facilities located throughout North America. Today we are the main supplier to over 6,000 customers in the US and Canada.
Brewcraft USA was founded as the F.H. Steinbart Company by Frank Steinbart in 1918. The Steinbart Wholesale division was opened in September 1994 and was sold to Brewcraft Ltd. of New Zealand in July 2005. In 2010, Brewcraft USA became a subsidiary of Great Western Malting Company. As part of the Great Western Malting Company family, Brewcraft USA now extends beyond the west coast and serves the entire United States. Additional Brewcraft USA warehouses opened in Champlain, NY (2011), Fletcher, NC (2014), Garland, TX (2016) and South Holland, IL (2017).
Country Malt Group’s portfolio includes the widest selection of leading Brewing & Distilling suppliers from around the world. Great Western Malt, Canada Malting, Bairds Malt, YCH Hops, Thomas Fawcett & Sons, Bestmalz, Breiss, Malteries Franco-Belge, Loughran Family Malt, Oregon Fruit Products, and many others.
Country Malt Group is currently looking for a Territory Sales Manager for the Commercial Brewery & Distillery Division. Our Territory Sales Managers are highly motivated professionals who provide a link between the company and our customers. Territory Sales Managers are responsible for sales of our book of brands in bulk and bag format. This position reports directly to the Division Sales Manager.
- This position will require extensive travel throughout the territory and visits to our US & Canadian offices.
- Cultivate new and strengthen existing customer relationships through regular visits and communication
- Develop new opportunities and drive sales by identifying customer needs & creating and executing strategic plans in a competitive market
- Prepare & manage annual sales forecasts and travel budgets
- Educate customers on our product portfolio with in person visits, as well as technical conference presentations and act as a consultative resource for our brewing and distilling customers
- Attend industry events and trade shows to showcase our brands and services in a positive and professional manner
- Communicate effectively and regularly with internal resources including Sales team members plus administrative, operational, technical and leadership teams
- Coordinate with Finance to assist customers during setup of new accounts and establishment of credit terms
- Ensure necessary updates/reports are completed and submitted on a timely basis
- Support the CMGBC Winery / Homebrew Division Sales team with occasional visits to key accounts
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years direct sales experience in Food, Wholesale and/or Export industries is preferred
- Demonstrated involvement in Brewing, Malting and/or Distilling industries is preferred
- Passion for the Craft Brewing & Distilling industry is a must!
- Experience utilizing a CRM is a plus
- Experience utilizing Microsoft GP is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal and organizational skills
- Capacity to embrace change in a growing industry and business environment is essential
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively & effectively manage time and tasks with minimal supervision
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, including travel to Canada/US
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree or recognized certification from a brewing or distilling school or institution such as the IBD would be an asset. While technical knowledge of the malting would be an asset, it is not a requirement as a successful candidate will receive in-depth training on malting.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/Rx plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), tuition reimbursement & fitness subsidy. Employees are eligible for Brewcraft product discounts, as well as discounts from various external vendors.