Five Boroughs Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. – Staff Accountant
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is a New York City brewery and taproom in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We produce high-quality craft beers that embody the dynamic spirit of New York City, a place where aspirations are limited only by what you are able to brew up in your head. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. aims to celebrate and encourage the exploration of craft beer and all the wonders the five boroughs of New York City have to offer.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated staff accountant to join our team in our Sunset Park, Brooklyn brewery and taproom facility. The full time staff accountant will be a key member of the growing team at Five Boroughs Brewing Company. Overall, this individual will be responsible for ensuring that all applicable ledgers, accounting transactions, account reconciliations and analyses are prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
This individual will assist with regulatory compliance and special projects within the Finance and Accounting function. There is a significant amount of opportunity with this position to provide value added knowledge and expertise as we continue to develop our internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, this individual will have the opportunity to work directly with the management team across all functions of the brewery as we transition from QuickBooks to Orchestrated Beer (a SAP cloud based ERP system) during the first half of 2019.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate record keeping of all transactions and documentation including but not limited to:
- Accounts Payable;
- Accounts Receivable;
- Credit Card Transactions;
- Taproom Point of Sale interface;
- Month-end closing procedures including account reconciliations, month-end journal entries, preparation of financial statements and updated account analyses;
- Maintain up to date AR and AP aging schedules;
- Tracking of fixed assets & depreciation;
- Assist with month-end inventory counts;
- Assist with regulatory filings and compliance with Federal and State tax reporting;
- Assist with special projects within the Finance & Accounting function as needed.
Qualifications & Skillset:
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping experience (manufacturing environment is a plus);
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (specifically Excel);
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Willingness to propose process improvements and go above and beyond the day-to-day record keeping function of this role;
- Ability to work independently and meet various reporting deadlines;
- Occasional weekends may be required to ensure inventory counts are performed timely. This will only occur when necessary to meet reporting and compliance deadlines.
There are aspects of this position (primarily physical inventory counts) which primarily take place in a operating production facility. The production environment includes the following:
- Non-temperature controlled space (hot, cold, foggy & wet conditions). Awareness of one’s surroundings and safety is of the utmost importance;
- Noise and exposure to heavy machinery;
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals; hot & cold water; hazardous gaseous and pressurized vessels;
- Sitting, standing, crouching and maneuvering (occasionally in confined spaces) – Note that all efforts will be made to ensure that inventory is staged to make counts as streamlined as possible;
- Ability to lift 55 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be commensurate with applicant’s previous experience
- Five Boroughs Brewing Co. prides itself on offering a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision and commuter programs
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Five Boroughs Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Five Boroughs Brewing Co. encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.