Stone Path MaltApply for this Job
Stone Path Malt
New England, USA
We believe positive change is good and so do our customers brewing with our malt!
We’re Stone Path Malt, a supplier of premium imported malts crafted in Franconia Germany, now producing a complimentary locally crafted malt in New England, USA. Operating a 10-ton Kaspar Schulz drum-style malting system built in Bamberg, Germany we’re producing malt in a 30,000 sf building located on 3.5 acres in the south coast region of Massachusetts. Because we’re passionate about craft beer, we created a unique 3,000 sf on-premises tap room that features our customers award winning craft beer “Brewed with Stone Path Malt”.
We’re hiring a Sales Manager to develop and expand our growing customer base. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial drive, a passion for malt and the education, training and sales experience to lead a growth driven effort. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic closely-held private company well positioned for growth in the craft beer industry and be recognized and rewarded for your contribution.
If you believe positive change is good, have the ambition, passion and qualifications we’re seeking then apply now! The right combination of the following assets qualifies you as a strong candidate: self-motivation; ability to identify, build and strengthen customer relationship; skills to execute a consultative team sales approach; professional work style with ability to perform in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
Sales and Distribution
- Lead sales activities and related services for both current and new business opportunities with primary emphasis on establishing Stone Path Malt and its German partner as a leading supplier of malt to the US Craft Beer market
- Engage new and existing customers to develop opportunities for custom malting and collaborative brewing opportunities
- Initiate and develop customer relationships and coordinate shipments of malt to breweries from our malting facility and distribution location
- Implement sales objectives including: establishing new customer accounts, increasing revenue growth, expanding customer base to leverage profitability and supporting brand development
- Experience in consultative team sales methods by accessing technical, production and management resources to develop and close pipeline opportunities
- Maintain and develop customer contacts, sales pipeline activity reports, market data, customer sales history and KPI action plans through use of CRM and conventional sales reporting tools
- Facilitate and support inventory forecasting, planning and customer order demand
Market Development Support
- Assist and support development and implementation of inbound and outbound market strategies along with short and long-term sales objectives
- Interact with lead brewers and brewery management in order to develop trusted, long lasting relationships
- Collect data on competitor products, market pricing, distribution logistics, product volumes and general market information
- Visit customers on a regular basis in their places of business or at the events or occasions such as trade shows, festivals or conferences
- Create and submit reports on customer visits on a periodic basis
- Bachelor’s Degree: Sales & Marketing, Business Administration, Brewing Science or other related disciplines
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Food or Beverage industry; Malting/Brewing experience preferred
- 1-3+ years’ experience in commercial or technical sales, marketing, or business development
- Diploma or certificate in brewing or malting from a recognized program a plus. Additional training about barley and malting will be provided as needed
- A positive clearly demonstrated and well-articulated passion for the malting and/or craft beer business
- with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to deal with dynamic operations, complex logistics, in a rapidly growing and evolving industry
- Strong time management skills, flexible schedule and ability to travel regionally 50-75%
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to lift and handle 55 lbs. bags of grain
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications, skills and experience. Generous commission plan. Travel reimbursement.
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to join Stone Path Malt, email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.